In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near (v.25).
I went through a phase where I stopped going to church. I had no friends yet in the new city where I had moved and I simply didn’t want to walk into a sanctuary alone. The longer I put off taking steps to meet people and to get involved with the body of Christ in my new community, the more isolated I became and the more I struggled in my faith.During that season of my life, I missed out on the encouragement the writer of Hebrews says I—and all believers—need in order to remain hopeful and strong in our walk with the Lord (Hebrews 10:23).Now, there certainly are times when we should temporarily embrace solitude to study, to pray, to concentrate, and more. But then returning to fellowship with others helps us keep our grip on the “hope we affirm” and maintain our confidence that “God can be trusted to keep His promises” (v.23). Lack of fellowship keeps us from experiencing the motivation from others to do “acts of love and good works” (v.24).Paul so deeply recognized the need to commune with believers that he weathered storms and traveled hundreds of miles to be with his brothers and sisters in Christ. He told them, “For I long to visit you so I can bring you some spiritual gift that will help you grow strong in the Lord. When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours” (Romans 1:11).When believers come together and devote themselves to “the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer,” as nearly 3,000 did in Romans 1:11, a “deep sense of awe” in the Lord can be experienced. We need true community in Jesus.
Read Romans 1:13 and note how Paul persevered to spend time with a community of believers in Jesus.
Why did the writer of Hebrews encourage believers to spend time in community? What will happen if you draw closer to other believers in your local church?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more