Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
A Healthy Lifestyle
So be careful how you
live. Don’t live like fools,
but like those who are
wise (Ephesians 5:15).
Recently, I attended a presentation on heart attack
prevention. The speaker reminded us to make
healthy lifestyle choices that help reduce the risks
of having a heart attack. We were told that not smoking,
eating the right foods, maintaining a proper weight,
reducing and managing stress, and participating in
physical activities can contribute to a healthy heart.
In Proverbs we find some instruction can make us
spiritually healthy (4:23):
Keep your mouth right (Proverbs 4:24). Our Lord
says, “Whatever is in your heart determines what you
say” (Matthew 12:34-37). Our words should be godly (2
Timothy 2:16), wholesome and encouraging (Ephesians
4:29), gracious and attractive (Colossians 4:6). This
means speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15).
Keep your eyes right (Proverbs 4:25). The eyes are the
most influential parts of the body. What the eyes see,
the heart wants (Genesis 3:6; Matthew 5:28). Keeping
our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2) will overcome our
“craving for everything we see” (1 John 2:16).
Keep your ears right (Proverbs 4:20-22, 5:1-2). Listen
carefully to God’s Word. Let God’s Word penetrate deep
into your heart (v.21), and you will live (Proverbs 4:4).
For God’s words are “life to those who find them and
health to a man’s whole body” (v.22 NIV; John 6:68).
Keep your feet right (Proverbs 4:26-27). Be careful
where you walk (Proverbs 4:11-15), with whom you walk (Proverbs 2:20), and
how you walk (Jeremiah 6:16). Walk as Jesus did (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6), led
by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16,25), in light (1 John 1:7), in love, in obedience (2
John 1:6), and in truth (3 John 1:3-4).
Choose to avoid the risks that lead to spiritual sickness. Use your mouth, eyes,
ears, and feet to pursue a healthy lifestyle in Jesus today. —K.T. Sim
Give me an eagerness
for Your laws rather
than a love for money!
Turn my eyes from
and give me life
through Your Word
What lifestyle choices
should you make for a
healthier spiritual life?
How does Jesus’
example help you live
a healthy life?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more