Genuine LoveHow have you experienced the reality of God’s love?
Top Music Videos
A Healthy Lifestyle
So be careful how you
live. Don’t live like fools,
but like those who are
wise (Ephesians 5:15).
Recently, I attended a presentation on heart attack
prevention. The speaker reminded us to make
healthy lifestyle choices that help reduce the risks
of having a heart attack. We were told that not smoking,
eating the right foods, maintaining a proper weight,
reducing and managing stress, and participating in
physical activities can contribute to a healthy heart.
In Proverbs we find some instruction can make us
spiritually healthy (4:23):
Keep your mouth right (Proverbs 4:24). Our Lord
says, “Whatever is in your heart determines what you
say” (Matthew 12:34-37). Our words should be godly (2
Timothy 2:16), wholesome and encouraging (Ephesians
4:29), gracious and attractive (Colossians 4:6). This
means speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15).
Keep your eyes right (Proverbs 4:25). The eyes are the
most influential parts of the body. What the eyes see,
the heart wants (Genesis 3:6; Matthew 5:28). Keeping
our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2) will overcome our
“craving for everything we see” (1 John 2:16).
Keep your ears right (Proverbs 4:20-22, 5:1-2). Listen
carefully to God’s Word. Let God’s Word penetrate deep
into your heart (v.21), and you will live (Proverbs 4:4).
For God’s words are “life to those who find them and
health to a man’s whole body” (v.22 NIV; John 6:68).
Keep your feet right (Proverbs 4:26-27). Be careful
where you walk (Proverbs 4:11-15), with whom you walk (Proverbs 2:20), and
how you walk (Jeremiah 6:16). Walk as Jesus did (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6), led
by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16,25), in light (1 John 1:7), in love, in obedience (2
John 1:6), and in truth (3 John 1:3-4).
Choose to avoid the risks that lead to spiritual sickness. Use your mouth, eyes,
ears, and feet to pursue a healthy lifestyle in Jesus today. —K.T. Sim
Give me an eagerness
for Your laws rather
than a love for money!
Turn my eyes from
and give me life
through Your Word
What lifestyle choices
should you make for a
healthier spiritual life?
How does Jesus’
example help you live
a healthy life?
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more
- Friendly Wounds - What does it mean to “speak the truth in love”?...read more
- Hope Awakening - Do you tend to see the glass as half empty or half full?...read more
- Life and Loss - Where are you going with your pain?...read more