Top Music Videos
A Healthy Lifestyle
So be careful how you
live. Don’t live like fools,
but like those who are
wise (Ephesians 5:15).
Recently, I attended a presentation on heart attack
prevention. The speaker reminded us to make
healthy lifestyle choices that help reduce the risks
of having a heart attack. We were told that not smoking,
eating the right foods, maintaining a proper weight,
reducing and managing stress, and participating in
physical activities can contribute to a healthy heart.
In Proverbs we find some instruction can make us
spiritually healthy (4:23):
Keep your mouth right (Proverbs 4:24). Our Lord
says, “Whatever is in your heart determines what you
say” (Matthew 12:34-37). Our words should be godly (2
Timothy 2:16), wholesome and encouraging (Ephesians
4:29), gracious and attractive (Colossians 4:6). This
means speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15).
Keep your eyes right (Proverbs 4:25). The eyes are the
most influential parts of the body. What the eyes see,
the heart wants (Genesis 3:6; Matthew 5:28). Keeping
our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2) will overcome our
“craving for everything we see” (1 John 2:16).
Keep your ears right (Proverbs 4:20-22, 5:1-2). Listen
carefully to God’s Word. Let God’s Word penetrate deep
into your heart (v.21), and you will live (Proverbs 4:4).
For God’s words are “life to those who find them and
health to a man’s whole body” (v.22 NIV; John 6:68).
Keep your feet right (Proverbs 4:26-27). Be careful
where you walk (Proverbs 4:11-15), with whom you walk (Proverbs 2:20), and
how you walk (Jeremiah 6:16). Walk as Jesus did (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6), led
by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16,25), in light (1 John 1:7), in love, in obedience (2
John 1:6), and in truth (3 John 1:3-4).
Choose to avoid the risks that lead to spiritual sickness. Use your mouth, eyes,
ears, and feet to pursue a healthy lifestyle in Jesus today. —K.T. Sim
Give me an eagerness
for Your laws rather
than a love for money!
Turn my eyes from
and give me life
through Your Word
What lifestyle choices
should you make for a
healthier spiritual life?
How does Jesus’
example help you live
a healthy life?
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more