Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
It was such a dilemma, whether or not to marry the man who had proposed to me, that I agonized over what to do for nearly a year. During that time, I read dozens of relationship books, sought advice from counselors and pastors, and listened to scores of married friends explain how they "just knew" when faced with the same decision.
Ultimately, my ï¬ancÃ© and I ended our engagement. Though calling off the wedding was the right step for us, I later felt deep remorse over things I had thought, said, and done during our relationship.
I was so consumed about my life and my future, I frequently resembled the self-centered people described in Proverbs 18:1-2: "Unfriendly people care only about themselves; they lash out at common sense. Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions."
Have you ever been guilty, as I have, of hurting the very person(s) you care about the most? Have you, as I have on too many occasions, acted in contradiction to Ephesians 4:2, which states, "Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Too many times when jealousy consumes, anger invades, or fear prevails, I resort to thinking only of myself. I become the antithesis of the loving and gentle Christian woman I am called to be and long to be (1 Thessalonians 4:9).
As you and I increasingly look to Jesus, turn to His Word, and rely on His Holy Spirit, we will inï¬‚ict less unnecessary pain on others. He modeled how to "act with love and justice" (Hosea 12:6) by giving up His life for us (John 3:16; 1 John 3:16). Let's follow Jesus' example and love Him and others well (1 Thess. 4:10). , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more