Sacrificial LoveWhat does it mean for you to carry your cross?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Word of God
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God,
and the Word was God (v.1).
A person’s words are inseparable from the person
speaking them. Think about your own words.
They come from you and are uniquely yours.
Your words communicate your heart. They come from
your inner self—your soul—and express your ideas,
thoughts, feelings, and character. Your words are spoken
with your voice. They are sounded with your own unique
mix of accent, pitch, tone, and inflection. They’re made
with your breath, your lungs—from deep within you.
And your words have a certain creative power. They
can enter my mind and heart and make me laugh, cry,
question an old belief or believe something new.
I cannot speak your words as I cannot know your
deepest thoughts. I cannot swallow a lungful of your
breath and speak with your exact voice and accent. I am
not inside you. I am not you. Your words are uniquely
Now, think about the apostle John’s description of
Jesus as the “Word” of God:
The revelation of God. “He has revealed God to us,”
John says (John 1:18). “Anyone who has seen Me has
seen the Father,” says Jesus Himself (14:9).
The very voice and “breath” of God. “The words I
speak are not My own, but my Father who lives in Me
does His work through Me” (v.10).
The One who is Creator God. “God created
everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him” (1:3).
No wonder John tells us that this Word wasn’t just “with” God at the beginning
of time, but “was” God (v.1). God’s Word is inseparable from Him. His Word is
Jesus is indeed the heart, soul, voice, breath, and creative power of God.
Reflect on these words in light of the above: “The very words I have spoken
to you are Spirit and life” (John 6:63).
How does Jesus being God’s “Word affect the way you speak and live?
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more