Always ThereDo you believe that the Lord is always with you?
Top Music Videos
The Word of God
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God,
and the Word was God (v.1).
A person’s words are inseparable from the person
speaking them. Think about your own words.
They come from you and are uniquely yours.
Your words communicate your heart. They come from
your inner self—your soul—and express your ideas,
thoughts, feelings, and character. Your words are spoken
with your voice. They are sounded with your own unique
mix of accent, pitch, tone, and inflection. They’re made
with your breath, your lungs—from deep within you.
And your words have a certain creative power. They
can enter my mind and heart and make me laugh, cry,
question an old belief or believe something new.
I cannot speak your words as I cannot know your
deepest thoughts. I cannot swallow a lungful of your
breath and speak with your exact voice and accent. I am
not inside you. I am not you. Your words are uniquely
Now, think about the apostle John’s description of
Jesus as the “Word” of God:
The revelation of God. “He has revealed God to us,”
John says (John 1:18). “Anyone who has seen Me has
seen the Father,” says Jesus Himself (14:9).
The very voice and “breath” of God. “The words I
speak are not My own, but my Father who lives in Me
does His work through Me” (v.10).
The One who is Creator God. “God created
everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him” (1:3).
No wonder John tells us that this Word wasn’t just “with” God at the beginning
of time, but “was” God (v.1). God’s Word is inseparable from Him. His Word is
Jesus is indeed the heart, soul, voice, breath, and creative power of God.
Reflect on these words in light of the above: “The very words I have spoken
to you are Spirit and life” (John 6:63).
How does Jesus being God’s “Word affect the way you speak and live?
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more