Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Word of God
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God,
and the Word was God (v.1).
A person’s words are inseparable from the person
speaking them. Think about your own words.
They come from you and are uniquely yours.
Your words communicate your heart. They come from
your inner self—your soul—and express your ideas,
thoughts, feelings, and character. Your words are spoken
with your voice. They are sounded with your own unique
mix of accent, pitch, tone, and inflection. They’re made
with your breath, your lungs—from deep within you.
And your words have a certain creative power. They
can enter my mind and heart and make me laugh, cry,
question an old belief or believe something new.
I cannot speak your words as I cannot know your
deepest thoughts. I cannot swallow a lungful of your
breath and speak with your exact voice and accent. I am
not inside you. I am not you. Your words are uniquely
Now, think about the apostle John’s description of
Jesus as the “Word” of God:
The revelation of God. “He has revealed God to us,”
John says (John 1:18). “Anyone who has seen Me has
seen the Father,” says Jesus Himself (14:9).
The very voice and “breath” of God. “The words I
speak are not My own, but my Father who lives in Me
does His work through Me” (v.10).
The One who is Creator God. “God created
everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him” (1:3).
No wonder John tells us that this Word wasn’t just “with” God at the beginning
of time, but “was” God (v.1). God’s Word is inseparable from Him. His Word is
Jesus is indeed the heart, soul, voice, breath, and creative power of God.
Reflect on these words in light of the above: “The very words I have spoken
to you are Spirit and life” (John 6:63).
How does Jesus being God’s “Word affect the way you speak and live?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more