Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
The Word of God
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God,
and the Word was God (v.1).
A person’s words are inseparable from the person
speaking them. Think about your own words.
They come from you and are uniquely yours.
Your words communicate your heart. They come from
your inner self—your soul—and express your ideas,
thoughts, feelings, and character. Your words are spoken
with your voice. They are sounded with your own unique
mix of accent, pitch, tone, and inflection. They’re made
with your breath, your lungs—from deep within you.
And your words have a certain creative power. They
can enter my mind and heart and make me laugh, cry,
question an old belief or believe something new.
I cannot speak your words as I cannot know your
deepest thoughts. I cannot swallow a lungful of your
breath and speak with your exact voice and accent. I am
not inside you. I am not you. Your words are uniquely
Now, think about the apostle John’s description of
Jesus as the “Word” of God:
The revelation of God. “He has revealed God to us,”
John says (John 1:18). “Anyone who has seen Me has
seen the Father,” says Jesus Himself (14:9).
The very voice and “breath” of God. “The words I
speak are not My own, but my Father who lives in Me
does His work through Me” (v.10).
The One who is Creator God. “God created
everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him” (1:3).
No wonder John tells us that this Word wasn’t just “with” God at the beginning
of time, but “was” God (v.1). God’s Word is inseparable from Him. His Word is
Jesus is indeed the heart, soul, voice, breath, and creative power of God.
Reflect on these words in light of the above: “The very words I have spoken
to you are Spirit and life” (John 6:63).
How does Jesus being God’s “Word affect the way you speak and live?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more