Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
In the book The Weight of Glory, C. S. Lewis makes a stunning claim about humanity. "There are no ordinary people," Lewis writes. "You have never talked to a mere mortal." Whoa! Now that's a welcome thought, especially for those of us who at times feel ordinary at best. Could it really be true that we possess a hidden greatness? We only have to turn the opening pages of the Bible to discover that human beings are anything but ordinary. The ï¬rst chapter of Genesis tells us that human beings are the only part of God's creation who have the distinct honor of being created in His likeness (Genesis 1:26-27).
Francis Schaeffer, a contemporary of C. S. Lewis, said, "There is no more important revelation given about man than that he bears the image of God." As God's "offspring" (Acts 17:28), we're marked by the glorious image of the Creator of the universe. While it's true that we're born with sin in our hearts and that we've fallen short of reï¬‚ecting God's glory (Romans 3:23), there are still traces of God's glory and dignity in every one of us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson put it this way, "Man is God in ruins." Like the ancient ruins of the world that still awe and inspire tourists each year, a remnant of dignity can be seen. It's true of every person you meet, and each one can be transformed by God's grace.
Part of the glory of the new covenant in Jesus is that God desires and intends to restore us. The New Testament tells us that those who have turned to Jesus and live by His Spirit are "being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV).
Take a moment and let that soak in. It's an amazing truth that frees us to live boldly for Him (v.12). , Jeff Olson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more