LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
In the book The Weight of Glory, C. S. Lewis makes a stunning claim about humanity. "There are no ordinary people," Lewis writes. "You have never talked to a mere mortal." Whoa! Now that's a welcome thought, especially for those of us who at times feel ordinary at best. Could it really be true that we possess a hidden greatness? We only have to turn the opening pages of the Bible to discover that human beings are anything but ordinary. The ï¬rst chapter of Genesis tells us that human beings are the only part of God's creation who have the distinct honor of being created in His likeness (Genesis 1:26-27).
Francis Schaeffer, a contemporary of C. S. Lewis, said, "There is no more important revelation given about man than that he bears the image of God." As God's "offspring" (Acts 17:28), we're marked by the glorious image of the Creator of the universe. While it's true that we're born with sin in our hearts and that we've fallen short of reï¬‚ecting God's glory (Romans 3:23), there are still traces of God's glory and dignity in every one of us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson put it this way, "Man is God in ruins." Like the ancient ruins of the world that still awe and inspire tourists each year, a remnant of dignity can be seen. It's true of every person you meet, and each one can be transformed by God's grace.
Part of the glory of the new covenant in Jesus is that God desires and intends to restore us. The New Testament tells us that those who have turned to Jesus and live by His Spirit are "being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV).
Take a moment and let that soak in. It's an amazing truth that frees us to live boldly for Him (v.12). , Jeff Olson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more