Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
“Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him (Matthew 4:10).
For 25 years, Irmela Mensah-Schramm has walked
the streets of Berlin, Germany, cleaning away the
racist propaganda of neo-Nazi groups. Since 1986,
Irmela has painted over graffiti and scratched away
stickers (36,000 in the past 4 years). She believes she
can overcome neo-Nazi ideology one street at a time.
When God placed Adam and Eve in Eden, all was
theirs to enjoy, “except the tree of the knowledge of
good and evil” (Genesis 2:17). They couldn’t handle that
knowledge, and eating its fruit would lead to death. The
serpent arrived with the cunning suggestion that God
was not to be trusted, however, and Eve listened. She
was tempted in three distinct ways—temptations we all
know: “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the
pride of life” (1 John 2:16 NKJV).
Sadly, Eve yielded, and humans have yielded ever
since. There is One, however, who did not yield. Just
before Jesus began His public ministry, He was in the
wilderness fasting for 40 days. And, again, the Tempter
arrived. He used the same tactics, suggesting that Jesus
take matters into His own hands. Satan suggested to
• “Tell these stones to become loaves of bread”
• Toss Yourself from the pinnacle of the temple (forcing
God’s hand to rescue Him before the right time, v.6).
• Take over Jerusalem and imagine ruling over all the kingdoms of the
Jesus was tempted with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the
pride of life. But He didn’t yield. Jesus overcame the temptation that has ruined
us—what we could never conquer. In every way, He does for us what we could
never do on our own.
Review the two read passages in Genesis 3:1. Mark
the similarities and the differences between these two temptation stories.
Where are you facing the fiercest temptation right now: lust of the flesh, lust
of the eyes, or the pride of life? How does the fact that Jesus has already
overcome the tempter help you to deal with your temptation?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more