Test of CourageRead Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God.
Top Christian Music Videos
When God Ignores
How long, O Lord, must
I call for help? But You
do not listen! (v.2).
Michael felt as if his prayers were simply bouncing
off the ceiling. He couldn’t understand God’s
silence. Day after day he pleaded with Him to
deal with the injustice in his workplace. But evil persisted,
and God seemed absent. Can you identify with Michael?
Habakkuk could. He lived during the final dark days
of Judah—just before the captivity of her people. There
was unrestrained wickedness and violence throughout
the land—and he couldn’t harmonize the prevalence
of evil with the concept of God being good, just, and
sovereign. The prophet cried out, “How long, O Lord,
must I call for help? But You do not listen!” (1:2).
Habakkuk was disturbed with God’s seeming
indifference. “How long?” suggests to us that Habakkuk
had brought his petitions to God over a long period of
time. But God seemed to be ignoring him.
When violence and corruption abound and evil
appears to rule, we may also wonder whether God
really cares or if He is really in control. Habakkuk’s
honest dialogue with God helps us understand that we
can come to God in prayer with our difficult questions.
Habakkuk had been doubting. But he turned to God
in the midst of his confusion and sought God’s wisdom
and counsel. This is what God calls each of us to do
when we’re confused or when we’re wrestling with
tough questions. In fact, honest questions reflect a better
relationship with God than superficial, outward, religious behavior.
The result of Habakkuk’s search is astounding. The prophet we meet at the
end of the book is not the same one we find at the beginning. He starts with
questions, and he ends with praise (3:17-19). His struggle produced spiritual
growth. So will your struggles when you seek God’s face in complete honesty
and truth. —Poh Fang Chia
As for me, I will sing
about Your power. Each
morning I will sing with
joy about Your unfailing
love. For You have been
my refuge, a place of
safety when I am in
distress (Psalm 59:16).
What are some doubts
you need to take to God?
What happens when we
deny the struggles we’re
facing and don’t bring
them to Him?
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more