Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
Not a Minute Late
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place. It will not be
Jason took a trip to New York during spring break. One afternoon, he piled into a cab with some friends
and headed for the Empire State Building. The ride seemed totally chaotic and dangerous to Jason. After
arriving at their destination, the group headed up to the observation deck. Once there, Jason paused to
take in the view—102 floors above the ground. To his amazement, he saw order and design in the city streets
where—only a few minutes before—he had experienced chaos. Jason was struck by the change of perspective.
Jammed in a cab amid the honking horns of turbulent traffic, he had one view of life. But his perch up on the
Empire State Building gave him an entirely different take. To Habakkuk, God seemed indifferent to the evil
permeating Judah. And he was greatly disturbed when God said He would use the wicked Babylonians to judge His people (1:5-11). God responded to Habakkuk’s complaints (1:12–2:1) without explaining why He chose to use the Babylonians.
Instead, He gave Habakkuk a divine perspective. Habakkuk 2:2-20 reminds us that God is all about
righteousness. He might choose to use wicked people to further His purposes, but that doesn’t mean He approves of their sin. No, God will ultimately punish the wicked for the evil they’ve committed. It’s reassuring to know that the sinful deeds of men can’t thwart the purposes of God. God is sovereign. He will work things out in our lives for His purposes. His plans will be completed and on His schedule.
As humans, our perspective is limited. We can’t view the whole picture from our “cab ride” through life; only God can see it all from “His holy temple” (v.20). Things may seem chaotic in your life. But take heart, for “the Sovereign Lord is [our] strength” (3:19). —Poh Fang Chia
In just a little while, the Coming One will come
and not delay. And My righteous ones will live
by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone
who turns away (Hebrews 10:37-38).
How does the fact that God is in control change
your perspective on trials? Why is it important
for us to understand that God is righteous
in all He does?
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more