The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Not a Minute Late
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place. It will not be
Jason took a trip to New York during spring break. One afternoon, he piled into a cab with some friends
and headed for the Empire State Building. The ride seemed totally chaotic and dangerous to Jason. After
arriving at their destination, the group headed up to the observation deck. Once there, Jason paused to
take in the view—102 floors above the ground. To his amazement, he saw order and design in the city streets
where—only a few minutes before—he had experienced chaos. Jason was struck by the change of perspective.
Jammed in a cab amid the honking horns of turbulent traffic, he had one view of life. But his perch up on the
Empire State Building gave him an entirely different take. To Habakkuk, God seemed indifferent to the evil
permeating Judah. And he was greatly disturbed when God said He would use the wicked Babylonians to judge His people (1:5-11). God responded to Habakkuk’s complaints (1:12–2:1) without explaining why He chose to use the Babylonians.
Instead, He gave Habakkuk a divine perspective. Habakkuk 2:2-20 reminds us that God is all about
righteousness. He might choose to use wicked people to further His purposes, but that doesn’t mean He approves of their sin. No, God will ultimately punish the wicked for the evil they’ve committed. It’s reassuring to know that the sinful deeds of men can’t thwart the purposes of God. God is sovereign. He will work things out in our lives for His purposes. His plans will be completed and on His schedule.
As humans, our perspective is limited. We can’t view the whole picture from our “cab ride” through life; only God can see it all from “His holy temple” (v.20). Things may seem chaotic in your life. But take heart, for “the Sovereign Lord is [our] strength” (3:19). —Poh Fang Chia
In just a little while, the Coming One will come
and not delay. And My righteous ones will live
by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone
who turns away (Hebrews 10:37-38).
How does the fact that God is in control change
your perspective on trials? Why is it important
for us to understand that God is righteous
in all He does?
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more