Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
Throughout Africa, from Sierra Leone to Uganda, rebel leaders have abducted hundreds of thousands of innocent boys and girls and converted them into soldiers. Forced to commit unspeakable crimes and murderous acts, often against their own relatives, these child soldiers are seldom able to forgive themselves or to reenter society after the rare event of being freed from their conscripted service.
However, when the miraculous takes place, when a child is able to forgive himself and experience forgiveness through the grace of God, there is reason to rejoice!
I recently watched 100 former child soldiers sing and praise God for rescuing them from the hands of their oppressors. Their rejoicing centered around Psalm 13:4-6, which says, "Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, â€˜We have defeated him!' Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me."
While in the hands of their captors, the children had prayed, "O God, declare them guilty. Let them be caught in their own traps. Drive them away because of their many sins, for they have rebelled against You" (Psalm 5:10).
Though much time elapsed between their prayers and their deliverance, the children were ultimately able to reflect the continuation of that psalm, which says, "But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy. For You bless the godly, O Lord; You surround them with Your shield of love" (Psalm 5:11-12).
What a beautiful example of redemption and restoration is displayed when children, once trapped in a wretched existence, rejoice because of what the Lord has done for them. , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more