In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 1:1
Now we see things imperfectly as in a
cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
Mom, turn the mirror so I can see better.” Riding
behind me in the car, my son asked me to set
the rearview mirror so he could see himself in
it. When my adjustments did not allow him a full view of
himself, he asked me to try again. After several attempts,
I explained that the mirror was designed for my use as
the driver (and not for his as the passenger). Satisfied
that I had tried, he sat contentedly while looking out the
window. As I turned my attention back to the road, I
reflected on our exchange.
In life, we want to be able to see our situations in the
same way that God does. He allows us to “have the
mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16) and to adjust our
view to see life based on His heart. But we aren’t content
simply to know His attitude. We want His omniscience—
to be all-knowing as He is. Just as a rearview mirror
isn’t for the passenger’s use, we weren’t made to know
everything. After all, we’re not the driver.
While we live on earth, our view will always be
limited. It’s part of our fallen nature. Eve’s desire for
knowledge brought her—and all of humanity—into
darkness, not the light of revelation (Genesis 3:5-7). So
why does the apostle Paul place a reminder about our
limited vision at the end of his exhortation on the true
nature of love in 1 Corinthians 13? (v.12). He reminds us
that in the most stringent limitations of human frailty—a humanity on which God
has bestowed precious gifts (2 Corinthians 4:7)—love takes us beyond our base
responses rooted in self-preservation.
It helps us see clearly the true security we have in Jesus.
Read James 3:13 to see the connection between selflessness
and God’s provision for our future decisions and needs.
In what situation have you been trying to see things from the driver’s
seat instead of the passenger’s perspective? How does God’s love
keep you at peace?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more