New BeginningsHow has God equipped you to follow Him?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 1:1
Now we see things imperfectly as in a
cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
Mom, turn the mirror so I can see better.” Riding
behind me in the car, my son asked me to set
the rearview mirror so he could see himself in
it. When my adjustments did not allow him a full view of
himself, he asked me to try again. After several attempts,
I explained that the mirror was designed for my use as
the driver (and not for his as the passenger). Satisfied
that I had tried, he sat contentedly while looking out the
window. As I turned my attention back to the road, I
reflected on our exchange.
In life, we want to be able to see our situations in the
same way that God does. He allows us to “have the
mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16) and to adjust our
view to see life based on His heart. But we aren’t content
simply to know His attitude. We want His omniscience—
to be all-knowing as He is. Just as a rearview mirror
isn’t for the passenger’s use, we weren’t made to know
everything. After all, we’re not the driver.
While we live on earth, our view will always be
limited. It’s part of our fallen nature. Eve’s desire for
knowledge brought her—and all of humanity—into
darkness, not the light of revelation (Genesis 3:5-7). So
why does the apostle Paul place a reminder about our
limited vision at the end of his exhortation on the true
nature of love in 1 Corinthians 13? (v.12). He reminds us
that in the most stringent limitations of human frailty—a humanity on which God
has bestowed precious gifts (2 Corinthians 4:7)—love takes us beyond our base
responses rooted in self-preservation.
It helps us see clearly the true security we have in Jesus.
Read James 3:13 to see the connection between selflessness
and God’s provision for our future decisions and needs.
In what situation have you been trying to see things from the driver’s
seat instead of the passenger’s perspective? How does God’s love
keep you at peace?
- New Beginnings - How has God equipped you to follow Him?...read more
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more