The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
The Only Way?
There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under
heaven by which we must be saved (v.12).
Meryl Streep played a nun in the movie Doubt,
so, of course, she was asked her opinion on
religion. She answered that the teachings of
various religions “form a kind of fence that divides us
from each other,” and that as a mother “I deeply resent
the idea that if you’re not a member of a church, temple,
ashram, synagogue or—what else is there?—that you
are somehow denying your children the meaning of life.
I feel I’m a deeply moral person. But often religion is a
club, out of which people are excluded.”
Streep’s comments resonate with our generation. Our
culture’s highest value is inclusion—we want everyone to
feel as if they belong. While this is a noble aim, it can
become silly when every child receives a trophy just for
participating, and it can become dangerous when we
think that every religion leads to God.
Jesus is the only way to life, because He alone can
heal our sin disease. This was Peter’s point in Acts 4 as
he addressed the religious leaders. As the crippled man
“was healed by the powerful name of Jesus Christ,” so
there is “no other name under heaven by which we must
be saved” (Acts 4:10,12).
Peter’s insistence that Jesus is the only way strikes
people in one of two ways. If they believe that people
are basically good, they will think it is unloving to insist
that everyone must believe in Jesus. But if they agree
with Scripture that we are all sinners (Romans 3:10-12), they will understand that
everyone needs a Savior.
Any path will not do. For we who are crippled by sin can’t take a single step
toward righteousness without God’s help. We need a healer, and there’s only
one candidate for that job. His name is Jesus.
It’s popular to think that a loving God wouldn’t require sinners to believe
in Jesus. How might this view be disrespectful of Jesus and what He did
for us? Who is Jesus to you?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more