LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
In a discipleship class, the participants were asked to monitor their prayer requests in a prayer journal.
The purpose was to keep track of things they would present to God. By doing so, they were encouraged to pray beyond their own individual needs.
What are some things we pray for? Good health? Healing? A promotion? More money? It's interesting that Jesus told us to pray, "Our Father in heaven, may Your name be kept holy," or "hallowed be Your name" (Matthew 6:9 NKJV). Hallow, a seldom-used word, is used four other times in the Bible. What does it mean? To hallow God's name is to:
â€¢ Believe and trust in God. In Numbers 20, instead of obeying God and speaking to the rock to obtain water, Moses struck it twice. God indicted Moses of sin: "You did not trust Me enough to demonstrate My holiness to the people" (v.12).
â€¢ Fear God more than we fear men. When we're caught in a hostile situation, God reminds us to make Him "holy in your life. He is the one you should fear" (Isaiah 8:13).
â€¢ Obey God's commandments. After instructing the people in the importance of holiness (Lev. 17â€“26), Moses concluded with these words from God, "You must faithfully keep all My commands by putting them into practice. . . . Do not bring shame on My holy name" (22:31-32).
â€¢ Glorify God by living holy lives. God's glory is present in His holiness (Leviticus 10:3). And God is glorified when we live holy lives. "You must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy" (1 Peter 1:15). Jesus tells us to pray that we will honor, revere, and glorify God as the holy Father. We honor God's name when we trust Him, fear Him, obey Him, and live a holy life. , K.T. Sim
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more