Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
How Could She?
2 Kings 4:1
Now sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can
live on what is left over (v.7).
My little Ugandan neighbors, Joshua (age 10),
Mirika (age 8), Ashaba (age 7), and Katseme
(age 4), have had a difficult life. One day the
police showed up at their small house and—in front of
the children—tore off their father’s shirt and shoes, beat
him, bound him, and dragged him off to jail. He was
released a few days later, but returned home just long
enough to announce that he had found a new wife and
that he was going to live with her. The children’s mother,
angry that she was left alone with four children and a
newborn baby to care for, fled as well, taking only the
baby with her.
In a world where many women exhibit tenacious love
for their children, such as the widow in 2 Kings 2:1, it’s
hard to imagine how a mother could refuse to love and
care for the beautiful children she’s been blessed with.
But, sadly, many parents around the world show no
remorse in rendering their children “abandoned far from
help; they are crushed in court with no one to defend
them” (Job 5:4).
Fortunately, thanks to the assistance of friends, I’ve been
able to feed Joshua, Mirika, Ashaba, and Katseme two
meals a day for several months now. My friends have also
enabled me to buy clothes for the little ones and to pay for
their primary school education. Though the challenge to
find a long-term solution for these four children remains,
their needs have been met to date by God’s provision (2 Kings 2:7).
I encourage you to consider how you can invest in the lives of needy children.
Ask God to lead you to a specific child or organization that could use your help.
Then watch the amazing ways God will pour forth His blessing to enrich others’
How is a person who neglects his or her
children like the foolish woman in Proverbs 14:1?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more