Write Your EpitaphHow are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?
Top Christian Music Videos
How Could She?
2 Kings 4:1
Now sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can
live on what is left over (v.7).
My little Ugandan neighbors, Joshua (age 10),
Mirika (age 8), Ashaba (age 7), and Katseme
(age 4), have had a difficult life. One day the
police showed up at their small house and—in front of
the children—tore off their father’s shirt and shoes, beat
him, bound him, and dragged him off to jail. He was
released a few days later, but returned home just long
enough to announce that he had found a new wife and
that he was going to live with her. The children’s mother,
angry that she was left alone with four children and a
newborn baby to care for, fled as well, taking only the
baby with her.
In a world where many women exhibit tenacious love
for their children, such as the widow in 2 Kings 2:1, it’s
hard to imagine how a mother could refuse to love and
care for the beautiful children she’s been blessed with.
But, sadly, many parents around the world show no
remorse in rendering their children “abandoned far from
help; they are crushed in court with no one to defend
them” (Job 5:4).
Fortunately, thanks to the assistance of friends, I’ve been
able to feed Joshua, Mirika, Ashaba, and Katseme two
meals a day for several months now. My friends have also
enabled me to buy clothes for the little ones and to pay for
their primary school education. Though the challenge to
find a long-term solution for these four children remains,
their needs have been met to date by God’s provision (2 Kings 2:7).
I encourage you to consider how you can invest in the lives of needy children.
Ask God to lead you to a specific child or organization that could use your help.
Then watch the amazing ways God will pour forth His blessing to enrich others’
How is a person who neglects his or her
children like the foolish woman in Proverbs 14:1?
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more
- Overflowing Fruit - How would you summarize the gospel message?...read more