In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
How Could She?
2 Kings 4:1
Now sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can
live on what is left over (v.7).
My little Ugandan neighbors, Joshua (age 10),
Mirika (age 8), Ashaba (age 7), and Katseme
(age 4), have had a difficult life. One day the
police showed up at their small house and—in front of
the children—tore off their father’s shirt and shoes, beat
him, bound him, and dragged him off to jail. He was
released a few days later, but returned home just long
enough to announce that he had found a new wife and
that he was going to live with her. The children’s mother,
angry that she was left alone with four children and a
newborn baby to care for, fled as well, taking only the
baby with her.
In a world where many women exhibit tenacious love
for their children, such as the widow in 2 Kings 2:1, it’s
hard to imagine how a mother could refuse to love and
care for the beautiful children she’s been blessed with.
But, sadly, many parents around the world show no
remorse in rendering their children “abandoned far from
help; they are crushed in court with no one to defend
them” (Job 5:4).
Fortunately, thanks to the assistance of friends, I’ve been
able to feed Joshua, Mirika, Ashaba, and Katseme two
meals a day for several months now. My friends have also
enabled me to buy clothes for the little ones and to pay for
their primary school education. Though the challenge to
find a long-term solution for these four children remains,
their needs have been met to date by God’s provision (2 Kings 2:7).
I encourage you to consider how you can invest in the lives of needy children.
Ask God to lead you to a specific child or organization that could use your help.
Then watch the amazing ways God will pour forth His blessing to enrich others’
How is a person who neglects his or her
children like the foolish woman in Proverbs 14:1?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more