He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Pray For Me
Make my life a prayer to You,
I wanna do what You want me to,
No empty words and no white lies,
No token prayers, no compromise.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every
occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your
prayers for all believers everywhere (v.18).
I love those lyrics from Christian singer/songwriter
Keith Green who died almost 3 decades ago. His
passionate heart for God is reflected in every word.
In Ephesians 6, the apostle Paul described how we
can make our lives a prayer to God by having an active
prayer life. He wrote, “Pray in the Spirit at all times and
on every occasion” (v.18).
It’s not coincidental that Paul penned those words after
having addressed the fact that we’re in a spiritual battle,
not “fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies” (v.12). His
famous metaphor of us putting on spiritual armor is clear
and instructive (v.13). For without truth, righteousness,
peace that comes from the good news, faith, salvation,
and God’s Word, we will wilt before our unseen enemies.
But what’s the one thing the apostle tells us to do
every moment as we battle? Pray. To do what God wants
us to do, to live without compromise, to withstand “the
fiery arrows of the devil” (v.16), requires continuous
communication with our Father in heaven. We should
“never stop praying” (1 Th. 5:17).
When things go wrong, sometimes we stop praying the right way. As Keith
wrote, either our prayers are “token,” or we’ve simply stopped communicating with
God altogether. Instead of being “persistent in [our] prayers” (Ephesians 6:18),
we’ve shown our lack of faith and loss of love for God by not talking with Him.
It’s time to make your life a prayer to God. Follow Paul’s example. He told the
Ephesians, “Pray for me” (v.19). By doing so, he acknowledged the amazing
power that comes from God as we pray to Him “at all times.” —Tom Felten
Read 1 Corinthians
14:15 and reflect on why
it’s so important to pray
“in the spirit,” not just in
What’s been keeping you
from passionately praying
to God? How will you
change your prayer life
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more