The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
Pray For Me
Make my life a prayer to You,
I wanna do what You want me to,
No empty words and no white lies,
No token prayers, no compromise.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every
occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your
prayers for all believers everywhere (v.18).
I love those lyrics from Christian singer/songwriter
Keith Green who died almost 3 decades ago. His
passionate heart for God is reflected in every word.
In Ephesians 6, the apostle Paul described how we
can make our lives a prayer to God by having an active
prayer life. He wrote, “Pray in the Spirit at all times and
on every occasion” (v.18).
It’s not coincidental that Paul penned those words after
having addressed the fact that we’re in a spiritual battle,
not “fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies” (v.12). His
famous metaphor of us putting on spiritual armor is clear
and instructive (v.13). For without truth, righteousness,
peace that comes from the good news, faith, salvation,
and God’s Word, we will wilt before our unseen enemies.
But what’s the one thing the apostle tells us to do
every moment as we battle? Pray. To do what God wants
us to do, to live without compromise, to withstand “the
fiery arrows of the devil” (v.16), requires continuous
communication with our Father in heaven. We should
“never stop praying” (1 Th. 5:17).
When things go wrong, sometimes we stop praying the right way. As Keith
wrote, either our prayers are “token,” or we’ve simply stopped communicating with
God altogether. Instead of being “persistent in [our] prayers” (Ephesians 6:18),
we’ve shown our lack of faith and loss of love for God by not talking with Him.
It’s time to make your life a prayer to God. Follow Paul’s example. He told the
Ephesians, “Pray for me” (v.19). By doing so, he acknowledged the amazing
power that comes from God as we pray to Him “at all times.” —Tom Felten
Read 1 Corinthians
14:15 and reflect on why
it’s so important to pray
“in the spirit,” not just in
What’s been keeping you
from passionately praying
to God? How will you
change your prayer life
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more