WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Groundhog Day, one of my favorite movies, is a comedy featuring Phil Connors, a self-centered, arrogant TV weatherman. After being forced to take on a much-hated assignment, covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, he suddenly finds himself caught in a time loop, repeating the same day over and over again. At first, he pursues every hedonistic escape he can think of. But eventually he begins to reevaluate his priorities, to better himself, and to think of others' needs.
Thousands of years earlier, Solomon had carefully observed the circular repetition of human activity. The sun rises, you wake up, have breakfast, send the kids to school, and then off to work you go. Many hours later, you leave the office and come home. And you repeat the same routine over and over again. For some people, this routine couldn't be more mundanely repetitive and monotonous. The endless cycle never produces anything "truly new" (Ecclesiastes 1:9). In frustration, Solomon concludes: "Everything is meaningless, completely meaningless" (v.2).
Like Phil Connors, we need to reexamine our life and priorities. Instead of seeing himself as a prisoner of life's repetitive cycles, Connors began to use his knowledge of how the day would unfold to help people. Knowing that a child would fall from a tree at a certain time, he made it a point to be there and catch the child every time. He befriended a dying, homeless man. In helping others, he found meaning and purpose in life. We too can find purpose and meaning in life. Who is one person we can help today? Solomon advises "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live" (Ecclesiastes 3:12 NIV). Life may be monotonous at times. But it is never without purpose or meaning. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more