WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Friday September 13
actions and adventure
On a recent visit home to the United States, I got my first taste of D-BOX—motion theater seats that pitch you forward and backward, side to side, and up and down in sync with the action depicted on the screen.
I found the experience remarkably similar to driving in Uganda, where I dodge chickens, goats, cattle, bodabodas, matatus, and pedestrians—all while going up, down, and around crater-sized potholes and other obstacles. So while D-BOX was fun, I wonder why I paid for an experience that I get for free on a daily basis!
I’ve found that following Jesus leads me into the thrills of real-life adventure too. Though far more challenging than a D-BOX experience, walking with Him brings challenges and thrills that exceed any simulated ride.
While Jesus doesn’t call everyone to the challenging roads of Africa, He does call each of us to move. “Get up and prepare for action,” the Lord instructed His people in Jeremiah 1:17 “Put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ,” Paul urged in Philemon 1:6. For when our faith and actions work together, our actions make our “faith complete” (James 2:22).
Before launching out, however, remember that to accomplish even more than we could hope for, our first action should be to offer ourselves to Jesus and to the people we’re called to serve (2 Corinthians 8:5).
It’s true. Our actions reveal God working in and through us, and they bring His hope to others (1 John 3:18-19). Let’s show that we belong to the truth, and to God, by following His action-oriented commands (vv.11,23-24). —Roxanne Robbins
1 John 3:11-20
Our actions will show that we belong to the truth (v.19).
Read Deuteronomy 11:8 and see how obeying God’s commands is an important step in preparing for the actions He wants you to take.
How would you describe someone living an adventurous life for Jesus? What actions will you take for Him this week?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more