Confession and BlessingHow does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday September 18
a world at peace
My friends and I once interviewed believers of the four major religions practiced in Singapore to find out their teaching on Utopia. This topic intrigued us, for we knew that all people live in an imperfect world.
The challenges of living in a fallen world include more then just economic upheaval and the erosion of godly morals. Daily, people face the prospects of broken relationships, shattered dreams, or the death of loved ones. There’s no way to escape the pain and hardships of life on planet Earth.
Is it realistic, then, to wish for Utopia? Not if you’re a Christian. But in Micah 4 we are given a glimpse of the “last days” when God will bring peace and restoration to our world. At that time, people from all nations will learn to follow God’s law and teachings (v.2). At that time, a big defense budget will not be required because a calm will come over all the nations as they turn their energies to peaceful purposes and abandon war (v.3). People will live without fear, having security, prosperity, and blessing (v.4). And God will have taken center stage (v.1).
Sound too good to be true? Micah assures us that the very mouth of Almighty God had spoken these words (v.4). These promises came from Him, not just from the prophet. Isaiah uttered the same predictions (Isaiah 2:2-4). The same Spirit gave the same prophecies—things will surely come to pass.
So, as we look forward to that day, may we say, “Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the Lord our God forever and ever” (Micah 4:5). There’s no need to try to conjure up Utopia in this life. We know that in God’s time, He will bring peace to our world. —Poh Fang Chia
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity, enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees, for there will be nothing to fear (v.4).
How does God’s promise in Micah 4 encourage you as you face the imperfections of today’s world? What peace has Jesus brought to your world today?
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more
- Blinding Blue Pants - What role does accountability play in your life?...read more