Laying Our Lives DownHow has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?
Top Music Videos
Wednesday September 18
a world at peace
My friends and I once interviewed believers of the four major religions practiced in Singapore to find out their teaching on Utopia. This topic intrigued us, for we knew that all people live in an imperfect world.
The challenges of living in a fallen world include more then just economic upheaval and the erosion of godly morals. Daily, people face the prospects of broken relationships, shattered dreams, or the death of loved ones. There’s no way to escape the pain and hardships of life on planet Earth.
Is it realistic, then, to wish for Utopia? Not if you’re a Christian. But in Micah 4 we are given a glimpse of the “last days” when God will bring peace and restoration to our world. At that time, people from all nations will learn to follow God’s law and teachings (v.2). At that time, a big defense budget will not be required because a calm will come over all the nations as they turn their energies to peaceful purposes and abandon war (v.3). People will live without fear, having security, prosperity, and blessing (v.4). And God will have taken center stage (v.1).
Sound too good to be true? Micah assures us that the very mouth of Almighty God had spoken these words (v.4). These promises came from Him, not just from the prophet. Isaiah uttered the same predictions (Isaiah 2:2-4). The same Spirit gave the same prophecies—things will surely come to pass.
So, as we look forward to that day, may we say, “Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the Lord our God forever and ever” (Micah 4:5). There’s no need to try to conjure up Utopia in this life. We know that in God’s time, He will bring peace to our world. —Poh Fang Chia
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity, enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees, for there will be nothing to fear (v.4).
How does God’s promise in Micah 4 encourage you as you face the imperfections of today’s world? What peace has Jesus brought to your world today?
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more