Raise the Temperature
Top Music Videos
Wednesday September 18
a world at peace
My friends and I once interviewed believers of the four major religions practiced in Singapore to find out their teaching on Utopia. This topic intrigued us, for we knew that all people live in an imperfect world.
The challenges of living in a fallen world include more then just economic upheaval and the erosion of godly morals. Daily, people face the prospects of broken relationships, shattered dreams, or the death of loved ones. There’s no way to escape the pain and hardships of life on planet Earth.
Is it realistic, then, to wish for Utopia? Not if you’re a Christian. But in Micah 4 we are given a glimpse of the “last days” when God will bring peace and restoration to our world. At that time, people from all nations will learn to follow God’s law and teachings (v.2). At that time, a big defense budget will not be required because a calm will come over all the nations as they turn their energies to peaceful purposes and abandon war (v.3). People will live without fear, having security, prosperity, and blessing (v.4). And God will have taken center stage (v.1).
Sound too good to be true? Micah assures us that the very mouth of Almighty God had spoken these words (v.4). These promises came from Him, not just from the prophet. Isaiah uttered the same predictions (Isaiah 2:2-4). The same Spirit gave the same prophecies—things will surely come to pass.
So, as we look forward to that day, may we say, “Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the Lord our God forever and ever” (Micah 4:5). There’s no need to try to conjure up Utopia in this life. We know that in God’s time, He will bring peace to our world. —Poh Fang Chia
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity, enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees, for there will be nothing to fear (v.4).
How does God’s promise in Micah 4 encourage you as you face the imperfections of today’s world? What peace has Jesus brought to your world today?
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more