MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Wednesday September 18
a world at peace
My friends and I once interviewed believers of the four major religions practiced in Singapore to find out their teaching on Utopia. This topic intrigued us, for we knew that all people live in an imperfect world.
The challenges of living in a fallen world include more then just economic upheaval and the erosion of godly morals. Daily, people face the prospects of broken relationships, shattered dreams, or the death of loved ones. There’s no way to escape the pain and hardships of life on planet Earth.
Is it realistic, then, to wish for Utopia? Not if you’re a Christian. But in Micah 4 we are given a glimpse of the “last days” when God will bring peace and restoration to our world. At that time, people from all nations will learn to follow God’s law and teachings (v.2). At that time, a big defense budget will not be required because a calm will come over all the nations as they turn their energies to peaceful purposes and abandon war (v.3). People will live without fear, having security, prosperity, and blessing (v.4). And God will have taken center stage (v.1).
Sound too good to be true? Micah assures us that the very mouth of Almighty God had spoken these words (v.4). These promises came from Him, not just from the prophet. Isaiah uttered the same predictions (Isaiah 2:2-4). The same Spirit gave the same prophecies—things will surely come to pass.
So, as we look forward to that day, may we say, “Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the Lord our God forever and ever” (Micah 4:5). There’s no need to try to conjure up Utopia in this life. We know that in God’s time, He will bring peace to our world. —Poh Fang Chia
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity, enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees, for there will be nothing to fear (v.4).
How does God’s promise in Micah 4 encourage you as you face the imperfections of today’s world? What peace has Jesus brought to your world today?
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more