Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - March 27, 2013 "Why The Bible Matters"3/27/2013 - In his article Does the Bible Matter in the 21st Century?author Vishal Mangalwadi lifts up the inestimable worth of God’s Word. He also notes that bad things happen when a country chooses to ignore the Bible’s wisdom.
- Daily Devotional - March 26, 2013 "Rescued From Darkness"3/25/2013 - In Clint Eastwood’s movie Gran Torino, Walt Kowalski is a cranky Korean War vet disgusted by the gangs now running his neighborhood.
- Daily Devotional - March 24, 2013 "The Desert Road"3/23/2013 - Apparently someone connected with Google has a sense of humor. In one recent Google Maps route from Japan to China, as expected, a long list of detailed directions populated the page.
- Daily Devotional - March 23, 2013 "Java Gods"3/22/2013 - Recently, coffee drinkers in Helsinki, Finland, could visit a café called Kauko for a free cup of coffee.
- Daily Devotional - March 22, 2013 "As It Is In Heaven"3/22/2013 - In the “Lord’s prayer,” Jesus encouraged His followers to pray for God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done “on earth, as it is in heaven”
- Daily Devotional - March 21, 2013 "Dangerous Concessions"3/20/2013 - In 1857, a few white members of the Dutch Reformed Church (DRC) in South Africa asked permission to celebrate the Lord’s Supper separately from their black brothers and sisters.
- Daily Devotional - March 18, 2013 "Saving Little Ones" 3/17/2013 - “Jenny” grew up in a home where both parents engaged in extramarital affairs and were prone to violence.
- Daily Devotional - March 17, 2013 "Paul's Prayer"3/16/2013 - What personal prayers for yourself have you lifted up lately? Did you ask God for provision of needs, delivery from temptation, or forgiveness of sin? Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 1:15-18 offers us some good prayer points.
- Daily Devotional - March 16, 2013 "A Song of Hope"3/15/2013 - Fearful of its subversive text and implications, the Guatemalan government of the 1980s banned the public reading or singing of Mary’s Magnificat (Luke 1:47-55).
- Daily Devotional - March 14, 2013 "Guilt and Grace"3/13/2013 - One of the exciting milestones I witnessed in my daughter’s development was when she first learned to walk at 9 months.
- Daily Devotional - March 13, 2013 "Worn Out by Money"3/12/2013 - The Internet is crawling with get-rich-quick schemes— ads that promise loads of cash with little effort and/ or skills required.
- Daily Devotional - March 11, 2013 "Seller Beware"3/10/2013 - Every buyer is also a seller. If I buy apples from you, then you’re selling your apples and “buying” my money, while I am “selling” my money to buy your apples.
- Daily Devotional - March 10, 2013 "Wounded"3/9/2013 - My daughter consistently teaches me that perspective is everything when it comes to relationships.
- Daily Devotional - March 9, 2013 "Devoured"3/8/2013 - I’m sure you’ve heard your share of extreme weight-loss plans. But ingesting a parasite? The UK’s Telegraph reports that some people in Hong Kong have resorted to using parasitic worms to peel off the pounds.
- Daily Devotional - March 8, 2013 "Christian Avoidance"3/8/2013 - In many parts of the world, it’s an amazing time to be a Christian. Most of us can walk down the street and find a church to join.
- Daily Devotional - March 7, 2013 "Yet to Come"3/6/2013 - My sister might take a year off from work to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I told her, “Well, be ready to check out the hills so that you know where to run to during the great tribulation.”