That’s why James reminds us that “God opposes the proud, but favors the humble”
- Safe7/17/2014 - We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and our shield (v.20).
- Playing the Part7/16/2014 - Genuine faith is revealed as we face challenges in life (1 Peter 1:7). Have recent trials exposed your faith or the fact that you’ve simply been playing the part?
- One7/15/2014 - Oneness. It’s meant to be the heartbeat of God’s people. And Paul wrote that humble, gentle, patient, and peaceful attitudes are what will help a heart of unity to beat strong
- The Spirit's First Gift7/14/2014 - Does my heart reflect Jesus’ heart? Am I reaching out to those who are different from me—preaching in word and demonstrating in deed that God’s grace transcends all cultural and racial boundaries?
- Use My Room7/13/2014 - True hospitality springs from an attitude of open acceptance toward others. It’s okay to start small.
- Search and Rescue7/12/2014 - We have all wandered away, been lost, imprisoned by our sin, in danger of death, helpless and hopeless—but we have also been rescued!
- The Vital Balance7/11/2014 - “Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another”
- He Knows You7/10/2014 - How does it feel to be known so well and still loved? God knows you intimately. How well do you know Him?
- A Bad Rep7/9/2014 - For centuries, the church has sometimes had the unfortunate reputation of bitter wrangling and vicious disagreement.
- Endure Toward Joy7/8/2014 - The apostle James spoke of the need for enduring hardship and pain so that we will grow “perfect and complete”
- Families and Pendulums 7/7/2014 - Can you articulate the values that your parents passed on to you—not just the values they taught but the values you caught?
- Planted7/6/2014 - Because the work of the church is God-appointed, it must be Spirit-led and not directed by man
- Clean Start7/5/2014 - He says, “I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the LORD”
- Love as You Love Yourself7/4/2014 - Jesus says we demonstrate love when we show mercy to those who have been affected by adversity.
- Dead Coming Back to Life7/3/2014 - The last book of the Bible reports that once Jesus returns, God will send the “holy city, the new Jerusalem” down to earth from heaven
- Diluted Faith7/2/2014 - Faith will often remain intact in the face of terrible hardship because—like salt—it’s designed to be strong, stable, and enduring.
No playlists found for this account.