- Channel Views: 2,521
- Total Upload Views: 10,965
- Subscribers: 9
- Joined: October 01, 2010
- Last Visit Date: 2010-10-19T09:46:06
* Dennis Jernigan is writer of such well-known worship songs as "You Are My All in All", "Who Can Satisfy My Soul (There is a Fountain)", "Thank You", "We Will Worship", and many others
* Dennis is National spokesperson for CareNet (www.care-net.org), one of the world's largest ministries to women in crisis pregnancy situations
* Dennis is a brand new member of the Board of Directors for Exodus International (www.exodus.to), the world's largets ministry to those who struggle with same-#!!$ attractions
* Dennis was delivered from same-sex attraction on November 7, 1981
* Dennis has been married to Melinda since August 12, 1983
* Dennis and Melinda have nine children (no, they are not Mormon or Catholic and they are not adopted)...4 boys and 5 girls..1 daughter-in-law and 1 son-in-law.
* Dennis has written over 2500 songs
* Known by his friends as DJ, he has written several books. His most current book is called "Giant Killers" by WaterBrook Press. He also has an e-book called "Victim to Victor". For other books available, go to www.dennisjernigan.com
Help For Those Who Struggle With Same-Sex Attraction
If you know someone who struggles with same-sex attraction (homosexuality), if you struggle with same-sex attraction, or you simply know someone who is confused over this issue, let me give you some suggestions for ways to educate yourself on the many twists and turns of this very difficult matter. We suggest that you read these resources yourself if you are simply desiring to minister to someone who struggles with same-sex attraction. Do not send these materials to someone who struggles unless you really want to alienate them. Give these materials only if the one you are ministering to asks for them! Love is the key?and we cannot help anyone who does not want our help or anyone who thinks they do not need our help?but we can love. Please educate yourself and then temper that education with the love of God as you minister to those around you. If those you desire to minister to are closed to that ministry, then continue to love and simply pray. There is power in prayer. Never underestimate that power. Following are my suggestions for where to begin.
* "God's Grace and the Homosexual Next Door" is a book written by Alan Chambers, president of Exodus International. It is very concise and thorough in its ability to help us understand the roots of same-sex attraction and offers very practical suggestions for ways to love and minister to those for whom this is a very real battle. Available at www.dennisjernigan.com or through your local bookstore or Amazon.com.
* "Giant Killers" is a book written by Dennis Jernigan and traces his own battles with the giants that war against his identity as a man. "Giant Killers" offers practical suggestions for getting to the roots of our struggles and how to maintain our victory over our own giants. Available at www.dennisjernigan.com or through your local bookstore or Amazon.com.
* "Victim to Victor" is an online E-Book written by Dennis Jernigan. This devotional-style book is designed to help those who have walked in defeat in any area of their lives walk out of that defeat and its subsequent shame and into the true and victorious identity God has called them to. Available at www.dennisjernigan.com.
To view more videos of Dennis Jernigan go to www.youtube.com/user/Singoverme
To read Dennis Jernigan's entire story, go to the blog section.
Create your own visitor map