Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
Thursday September 5
Peter Chiarelli, a 4-star general and the second highest-ranking US Army officer, attended a Washington, DC, dinner last year. Valerie Jarrett, a presidential adviser, was seated at a table when Chiarelli passed behind her. Chiarelli’s uniform had a stripe down the side of the pants, almost identical to the wait staff’s uniform. Seeing only his striped pants, Valerie asked General Chiarelli for a beverage. Without skipping a beat, the general picked up Jarrett’s order and brought it to her. She was mortified at her mistake, but Chiarelli brushed the mishap off. He even invited her to join his family for dinner at his home.
Paul makes an astounding declaration about our true identity, announcing that we “have been raised to new life with Christ” (Colossians 3:1). All who have “died with Christ” have been made new by God (2:20). Paul doesn’t say we might be raised to new life. Rather, He declares our union with Christ as an accomplished fact. We who were drowning in death are now filled to the brim with life.
This splendid existence describes who we truly are. This is the core truth about us. We might not fully recognize this reality. Others might miss the extent of all the newness and goodness God has placed within us. No matter, God sees what is true, and He calls us to live out this truth: “Set your sights on the realities of heaven” (3:1).
The old life that clings to us will surely fall away. It’s a doomed relic of the era of death from which we’ve been rescued. Now “Christ...is [our] life,” and God promises that one day we “will share in all His glory” (v.4). Make no mistake; our true identity is found in Jesus. —Winn Collier
Your real life is hidden with Christ in God (v.3).
Read Galatians 2:20-21. What has died and what is new? What does this say about your true identity?
Why do you sometimes find it difficult to believe that God has put something new and beautiful in you? What might hinder this newness from emerging more fully in your life?
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more