Test of CourageRead Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God.
Top Christian Music Videos
MONDAY, JANUARY 2
How Much God Loves You
READ John 17:1-26
May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me (v.23).
When my children were small, I often read them the bedtime story Guess How Much I Love You. A baby rabbit stretched his arms high and told his daddy he loved him that much. His father had longer arms, so he raised them up and said he loved his son even more. The baby hopped and said he loved his dad that high. The father could jump higher, and so he hopped to show his love was even greater. Finally, the baby rabbit said he loved his daddy all the way to the moon. The father thought for a moment and said, “I love you right up to the moon—and back.”
I like that story because it impressed upon my children what I couldn’t put into words. How could I tell them just how much I loved them? I know the ache of a parent’s heart when words fail, so I was amazed to hear that my heavenly Father feels the exact same way about me.
In an astounding prayer, Jesus asked His Father to unify us so “the world will know that you sent me and have loved them as much as you love me” (John 17:23). Our heavenly Father loves us as much as He loves His Son? I wouldn’t believe it if it weren’t in the Bible, and even then I wonder if I’m reading it correctly. But without question, that’s exactly what it says.
The God of the entire cosmos loves you as much as He loves anyone—as much as He loves His “one and only Son”! (3:16). Do you know what that means? You could not possibly be loved more—or better.
When I finished reading the bedtime story, I would tuck my children in and give them a goodnight kiss. There wasn’t anything for them to do but accept that they were loved. So it is with us. Snuggle in the warm embrace of your heavenly Father’s grace today. —Mike Wittmer
Read Ephesians 3:14-21 and consider just how much your heavenly Father loves you.
What prevents you from accepting God’s love? How have you been showing your love for Him?
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more