Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Recently, I saw a poster with these words: "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." , Indian (Cherokee) Proverb
The story of Tabitha (Dorcas in Greek) is a sad one. Tabitha was a devout follower of Christ. Not much else is said about her. But this one- sentence description says a lot: "She was always doing kind things for others and helping the poor" (Acts 5:36).
Tabitha was a good person. But, sadly, sometimes the good die early. Even so, it seemed so tragic, wasteful even, that a useful, beloved, kind, and untiring worker like her should die so suddenly and unexpectedly (v.37). It shows us that death can come suddenly, even in the midst of a fruitful ministry.
Up until that time, Peter had performed just a couple of healings (3:6 and 9:34), but he had not done anything so dramatic or difficult as raising the dead. So it was an act of faith on Peter's part for him to respond and to go to Joppa to see Tabitha (vv.39-41).
Upon his arrival, we are told that "the room was filled with widows who were weeping and showing [Peter] the coats and other clothes Dorcas had made for them" (v.39). What a testimony of a life well lived. When Peter prayed and Tabitha came back to life, there must have been great rejoicing.
When you're gone, will you be missed? Will there be many people who weep for you? What testimony of good works will you leave behind? Will there be coats and other clothes to show? When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. But when you die, will the world cry as you rejoice? , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Jounrey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more