LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
While preaching one Sunday morning, I invited three children to search our church sanctuary for several scrolls with Bible verses written on them. Whenever they found a scroll, I would have them read the words aloud, and then I would give them a prize. You should have seen those kids. They ran, moved chairs, and looked under plants and in purses (they had permission). Their quest for the Scriptures was extremely intense, but exciting. In a similar way, we are to search diligently to discover the importance of the Word of God in our lives.
In 2 Kings 22, King Josiah and the people of Judah also discovered the importance of the Word of God in their lives. When Josiah began taking action against idol worship in Judah, Hilkiah found the Book of the Law (probably referring to the book of Deuteronomy, 28:61; 29:21) in the temple. It must have been lost or concealed during the reign of King Manasseh. Josiah did several things after uncovering God's Word. He had it read to him as he listened intently (v.10). In so doing, he became aware of God's commands. He responded by tearing his clothes in grief (v.11). Then he refined his knowledge by submitting to others who could help him understand it (vv.12-20).
Finally, he and the people renewed their commitment to its prominence in their lives by pledging themselves to the covenant written in the Book (23:1-4).
Today, God's Word is not concealed or lost; it's at our fingertips. Yet there's still a need to rediscover its power and prominence in our lives. Let's spend our time reading, responding, refining our understanding, and renewing our commitment to be changed by its message. , Marvin Williams
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more