Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
While preaching one Sunday morning, I invited three children to search our church sanctuary for several scrolls with Bible verses written on them. Whenever they found a scroll, I would have them read the words aloud, and then I would give them a prize. You should have seen those kids. They ran, moved chairs, and looked under plants and in purses (they had permission). Their quest for the Scriptures was extremely intense, but exciting. In a similar way, we are to search diligently to discover the importance of the Word of God in our lives.
In 2 Kings 22, King Josiah and the people of Judah also discovered the importance of the Word of God in their lives. When Josiah began taking action against idol worship in Judah, Hilkiah found the Book of the Law (probably referring to the book of Deuteronomy, 28:61; 29:21) in the temple. It must have been lost or concealed during the reign of King Manasseh. Josiah did several things after uncovering God's Word. He had it read to him as he listened intently (v.10). In so doing, he became aware of God's commands. He responded by tearing his clothes in grief (v.11). Then he refined his knowledge by submitting to others who could help him understand it (vv.12-20).
Finally, he and the people renewed their commitment to its prominence in their lives by pledging themselves to the covenant written in the Book (23:1-4).
Today, God's Word is not concealed or lost; it's at our fingertips. Yet there's still a need to rediscover its power and prominence in our lives. Let's spend our time reading, responding, refining our understanding, and renewing our commitment to be changed by its message. , Marvin Williams
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more