Rejoicing in Deep NeedWhat happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?
Top Christian Music Videos
Who’s That Dude?
Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names (v.9).
A teenage girl raced up to her high school track coach at the start of a practice. She had some really cool news to share and could hardly contain her excitement. “Hey, Coach,” she blurted out, “last night I made the most important decision of my life!” “Really, what’s that?” the coach asked. She replied, “I accepted . . . um” (pause). Turning to a friend for help, she asked, “What’s that dude’s name?” At that moment, she remembered on her own, “Oh yeah, I accepted Jesus into my life last night.”
Her simple innocence is refreshing, but it’s also telling. She’s not from an unchurched part of the world. She’s from the suburbs of the US. Her story illustrates that we can no longer assume that people are familiar with the story of Jesus—no matter where they might live.
It’s true that a majority of the people around the world have at least heard the name of Jesus. That doesn’t mean, however, that they know much about Him. It’s no longer a given for people to know that Jesus died for the sins of the world (John 3:16). And for many, the name of Jesus is simply a swear word.
The Bible says there will be a day when “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:10). Until then, don’t be caught off guard by the reality that some people don’t know Him from Adam.
Whether it’s starting at square one or graciously calling into question false, religious stereotypes, as believers in Jesus we’re called to reveal the fullness of His name.
Read Matthew 16:15 to discover Peter’s inspired answer to Jesus’ question, “But who do you say I am?”
What do your unsaved family members and friends know about Jesus? How do you reveal the fullness and reality of Jesus in your life?
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more