He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Who’s That Dude?
Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names (v.9).
A teenage girl raced up to her high school track coach at the start of a practice. She had some really cool news to share and could hardly contain her excitement. “Hey, Coach,” she blurted out, “last night I made the most important decision of my life!” “Really, what’s that?” the coach asked. She replied, “I accepted . . . um” (pause). Turning to a friend for help, she asked, “What’s that dude’s name?” At that moment, she remembered on her own, “Oh yeah, I accepted Jesus into my life last night.”
Her simple innocence is refreshing, but it’s also telling. She’s not from an unchurched part of the world. She’s from the suburbs of the US. Her story illustrates that we can no longer assume that people are familiar with the story of Jesus—no matter where they might live.
It’s true that a majority of the people around the world have at least heard the name of Jesus. That doesn’t mean, however, that they know much about Him. It’s no longer a given for people to know that Jesus died for the sins of the world (John 3:16). And for many, the name of Jesus is simply a swear word.
The Bible says there will be a day when “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:10). Until then, don’t be caught off guard by the reality that some people don’t know Him from Adam.
Whether it’s starting at square one or graciously calling into question false, religious stereotypes, as believers in Jesus we’re called to reveal the fullness of His name.
Read Matthew 16:15 to discover Peter’s inspired answer to Jesus’ question, “But who do you say I am?”
What do your unsaved family members and friends know about Jesus? How do you reveal the fullness and reality of Jesus in your life?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more