VictoryWhat battles are you facing these days?
Top Music Videos
When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash (Matthew 7:27).
In the past few years, my kids and I started a Christmas tradition of making gingerbread houses with some friends. Last year, as we prepared to go meet with the others, I gathered our supplies and noted with concern that the baked product didn’t seem quite hard enough. Later, my dread grew as the first house collapsed before the pieces were connected. Fortunately, we had enough extra pieces to make another one. Decorated and shored up with extra frosting, the finished product made it to the front seat of our car . . . only to collapse into pieces a few minutes later.
God’s attributes include mercy and grace, but He is also holy and righteous. His Word reveals who He is and what He desires from us. John 1:14 says, “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth” (NASB). If we believe that His Word is the truth, then we should live it out in obedience. Romans 12:1 reminds us that to be in relationship with Him is to live as if our will does not matter. It also tells us to expect transformation to be inherent in our Christian experience. Anything less isn’t the true gospel.
The destruction of a house built on sand isn’t immediate. It’s only when the storms come that the devastation is made evident, and not even an extreme makeover can make what has been unholy appear good (Ezekiel 13:10).
Even a broken gingerbread house serves as a reminder that we can’t live by what seems to be right. We must live what is true.
by Regina Franklin
Read Ephesians 4:21 to see some practical ways our lives should reflect the change brought through the working of the Holy Spirit.
In what ways has our culture tried to water down the gospel to make it palatable for certain people to receive? How is embracing only part of God’s truth holding fast to a lie?
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more
- Friendly Wounds - What does it mean to “speak the truth in love”?...read more