MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
The news story was the kind of breathtaking romance you would expect to see on the big screen. Patrick Moberg spotted a stunningly beautiful woman across the crowded Manhattan subway station, but he wasn't able to reach her. In desperation, Moberg created a Web site (www.nygirlofmydreams.com) and began a search across New York City, looking for the girl whom he had glimpsed only once and yet could not forget. Remarkably, within 48 hours and in a city of 8 million people, Moberg found her: Camille Hayton, a young woman from Melbourne, Australia.
Whenever we hear a tale of outrageous passion, we can't help but listen, watch, marvel. We're drawn to the intense emotion, and we're curious to know what motivates it.
In Psalm 8, the writer is in awe of the overwhelming way God pursued His creation, His people, with zealous love. David took in the exquisite examples of God's power and reach ("the night sky and . . . the work of [His] fingers, the moon and the stars [God] set in place") and sat in dumbfounded amazement over how such a powerful God could feel such intimate care for us (vv.3-4): "[Who] are . . . human beings that You should care for [us]?"
When we take an honest look at our brokenness, comparing our ways with the tenacity of God's extravagant love, we begin to ask: Why would God love us so completely when we are most often so unlovely? Knowing who He is, and who we are, why would God pursue us?
The answer to these questions weaves through every page of the Bible. In a word, it's love. God loved. And because God loves, God came to us and for us. , Winn Collier, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more