Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
I once knew a guy who liked to say, "The clothes make the man." He dressed impeccably and enjoyed strutting into meetings in his fine-tailored trappings. Sadly, his personal and professional life later unraveled, revealing a very tattered and torn character within.
In Revelation 19, we see two drastically different styles of dress. In preparation for the wedding of the Lamb, where the church is united with Jesus her Savior, she is wearing "the finest of pure white linen" (v.8). The writer of Revelation, John, explains that the pure white dress "represents the good deeds of God's holy people." By God's grace, we, the church, will one day be adorned in clothing that has been "woven" by the deeds we have done for Jesus. The importance of living holy and righteous lives for Him now is vividly seen in this vision given to John.
Jesus, unlike the white of His bride, the church, is seen wearing a piece of clothing that has been "dipped in blood" (v.13). His crimson covering shows that Jesus is the great destroyer of Babylon (ch.18), and the One whose fury will be unleashed on all the enemies of God (19:11-21). This awesome view of Jesus' wrath is reflected in Isaiah 63:1-6, where the Lord is again adorned in crimson (v.2). He tramples His enemies "as if they were grapes" (v.3).
God's holy wrath is also righteous. He is "named Faithful and True, for He judges fairly" (Revelation 19:11). We are not to be the judge or avenger, only God is (v.2). Our human wrath does not reflect His righteous version (Romans 12:19).
So let's leave revenge and final judgment to Him and let our "good deeds shine out for all to see" (Matthew 5:16). Those works produce the "material" that truly make the man and woman of God. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more