LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Jesus was led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness to be tested by the devil (Matthew 4:1-11). Each test was a temptation or enticement to sin. It's not a sin to be tempted. But there exists in every trial a potential for us to disobey God. Job, severely tested by Satan (Job 1â€“2), didn't sin against God (2:10). Mrs. Job, however, responded differently: "Curse God and die," she said (2:9). Her response shows the potential danger in every trial or temptation we face. That's why we need to pray, "Don't let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one" (Matthew 6:13).
To resist temptation, we need to: â€¢ Be alert to the dangers of evil around us. Satan asked permission to test Peter (Luke 22:31). Because Peter did not heed Jesus' warning, he denied the Lord (Luke 22:34,56- 62). Jesus said, "Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation" (Matthew 26:41). â€¢ Resist the devil with the Word of God. In Luke 4, Jesus responded to Satan's temptations by quoting from Deuteronomy 8:3 (v.4), Deuteronomy 6:13 (v.8), and Deuteronomy 6:16 (v.12). Just as Jesus used the Scriptures to overcome Satan and temptation, so should we. â€¢ Trust in God who is faithful. God uses the trials of life to perfect us (James 1:2-4; 1 Peter 1:6-8). If these trials couldn't build us up, He wouldn't allow them. Surely, our heavenly Father will be with us in whatever we face. We persevere because He provides us with His all-sufficient grace (2 Cor. 12:8-10).
Our fear of failure is dispelled when we realize that God may place a load on us but will never overload us. He will provide a way out so that we can endure. He is the faithful God we can trust in the midst of any trial (1 Cor. 10:13). , K.T. Sim
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more