Coram Deo How will you focus on the face of God today?
Top Music Videos
Still half asleep, I gradually found my way to the bathroom to begin my morning routine. Grabbing my toothbrush, I coated it with toothpaste and sat down on the edge of the bathtub. Because I don't normally sit and brush my teeth, my position afforded me a new perspective of the bathroom sink. Previously hidden from view by the faucet's spout, a fine layer of unidentifiable matter coated the edge where the faucet met the white porcelain. I realized my "working mom" style of cleaning needed some modifications.
Like the unseen grime on a sink, sin thrives in places beyond the view of others. So when we wage war against spiritual enemies, we need help. For our hearts can deceive us (Jeremiah 17:9). Surrounding ourselves with godly people who can speak the wisdom of God's Word into our lives heightens our advantage in the battle (Proverbs 24:6). When we withhold information or spin the truth to make ourselves look good, however, the good counsel we receive can become sullied. Before long, one speck of grime adds to another until our hearts become a musty grave of hidden thoughts and desires.
Sadly, in the past I've whitewashed the tomb of my heart by pushing undesirable responses below others' perceptions. Then, not so strangely, I've wondered why I felt like I could never be good enough. I hadn't yet learned that coating the outside doesn't change the heart. Dressed in layers of self-righteousness, I was naked and blind (Revelation 3:17-18), desperately needing God's perspective.
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Coram Deo - How will you focus on the face of God today?...read more
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more