WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Recently, a 6-year-old boy missed his morning bus to school. Determined not to miss his school breakfast or gym class, the tyke grabbed the keys to his parents' car, crept out of the house as his mother slept, and drove nearly 6 miles toward his school. The Associated Press report gave amazing detail of the boy's remarkable jaunt: "He made at least two 90-degree turns, passed several cars and ran off the rural two-lane road several times before hitting an embankment and utility pole about a mile and a half from school."
What this young boy did was obviously illegal and dangerous, but some people will admire his take-charge mentality.
I imagine that when he grows up, he might be something like Caleb, the fierce Israelite warrior who tenaciously challenged Israel to confront her enemies.
Caleb faced strong opposition to his challenge, however. For the people of the land appeared to hold an overwhelming advantage. "They are stronger than we are!" Israel's other scouts argued (v.31).
The dire probabilities of the Israelites' violent demise should have melted any sane man's courage. (v.32). Israel's enemies were menacing. Physically, they were huge. Some were giants that made the Israelite spies seem "like grasshoppers" by comparison (v.33). Still, Caleb was undeterred.
But Caleb wasn't some zealous warrior without good sense. He wasn't overly confident in his battle-tested skill, nor had he turned a blind eye to the gravity of their situation. Caleb simply believed God. God had spoken, telling Israel that the land would be theirs. And he believed.
When God calls you to some seemingly impossible task, will you have the bold faith of Caleb, faith to believe and obey? , Winn Collier, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more