Happy at YouDo you know deep down that God loves you dearly?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Choice Is Yours
A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one (v.2).
A missionary friend who has lived in Uganda for
nearly 20 years recently told me that his wife
doesn’t enjoy their family’s annual trip to the
United States. The reason? “There are too many choices
there!” she says.
It’s true that—with fewer consumer products at our
disposal—life in Uganda can seem less complicated
than in the Western world. I’ve found, however, that I
still make just as many decisions here as in the US, but
In Uganda, where abject poverty is ever-present, I must
constantly choose how I’m going to respond to the street
kids knocking on my car window. Should I give food to
the hungry neighbors outside my gate? What should I do
for the children I know who are suffering inhumanely in
ill-equipped hospitals nearby?
Where does a person begin in helping Ugandans?
I still wonder after 3 years of living in this country.
Looking to Scripture for answers, I find that God
gives us the same guidance whether we live in a rich
country or a poor one. Ultimately, regardless of our
surroundings, like Joshua, we must first choose each
day “whom to serve.” Will it be the Lord or other gods?
For those who make the choice to serve and fear the
Lord, “He will show them the path they should choose”
(Psalm 25:12). As we follow Him and are enabled to do so by His Holy Spirit,
God will direct us in matters of service and even in purchases we’re considering.
It’s true that we become the slave of whatever or whomever we choose to
obey. “You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose
to obey God, which leads to righteous living” (Romans 6:16). Let’s choose to
follow God today and reach out to others by His power.
Read Proverbs 22:1. Take a few minutes to consider whether you’ve
been pursuing material things more than a God-honoring life.
How does whom or what you serve affect your daily choices? What
choice do you need to bring to God today?
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more