What We ValueHow often do you read the Bible?
Top Music Videos
Pillar of Truth
1 Timothy 3:14
This is the church of the
living God, which is the
pillar and foundation of
the truth (v.15).
My friend doesn’t like the idea of attending church.
She says, “People leave their brains at the
A contemporary poet describes the church this way:
“Outwardly splendid as of old; inwardly sparkless, void
and cold. Her force and fire all spent and gone, like the
dead moon she still shines on.”
For some people, the church is simply a place for
those who are religious. But the apostle Paul sees the
church through a different lens. He sees the church as a
significant body. It’s the “household of God,” “the church
of the living God,” and “the pillar and foundation of the
truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). The church isn’t a building, or a
meeting held in a building. The church is people—those
who’ve been born by the Spirit of God and have entered
into a new relationship with God as their Father and
each other as siblings. It’s the “household of God.”
In addition, the church belongs to the living God.
When believers gather, they experience the presence
of a God who speaks His words to them, hears their
prayers, and responds to their worship.
Unlike what some people believe, the church isn’t
an outdated remnant of the past with no relevance for
today’s society. There’s a reason for its existence. It’s the
“pillar and foundation of the truth”—created in the world
to make a difference, to introduce truth into a world
saturated with error.
May God help us, the church, to learn again who we are and what we can
do through Him. For “Christ loved the church. He gave up His life for her to
make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s Word” (Ephesians
5:25-26). The church is a thing of great worth and value in God’s sight.
—Poh Fang Chia
How can you—as
a member of the
the household of God?
How can you lift up the
purpose of the church
to be a pillar and
foundation of truth?
Sowing the Seeds of the Gospel - Billy Graham
- What We Value - How often do you read the Bible?...read more
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more