Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (v.5).
In May of 1965, The Rolling Stones recorded the song
I Can’t Get No Satisfaction. Shortly after its release,
the tune rose to the No. 1 song in the United States.
How right they were. No matter how much we try and
try and try, satisfaction seems to slip through our fingers.
But is it true that satisfaction is impossible to find in this
life? Or could it be that we tend to look for it in all the
wrong places? Maybe the true source of satisfaction is
right under our noses, but we don’t see it because we’re
trying so hard to obtain it on our own.
Consider these words from the Old Testament prophet
Isaiah as he declared the words of the coming Messiah:
“Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no
money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all
free! Why spend your money on food that does not give
you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to Me, and you will eat what is good. You will
enjoy the finest food” (Isaiah 55:1-2). Souls delighting in
the “finest of food,” hmm—sounds pretty fulfilling to me.
Jesus would later illustrate this reality another way
when He spoke these words to a woman who had a
history of turning to men to find satisfaction: “Anyone
who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again.
But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty
again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them,
giving them eternal life” (John 4:13-14).
Jesus didn’t say we can’t find satisfaction in our relationships, work, or
hobbies. But He did say that without finding it first in Him, it won’t be complete.
So, where are you trying to find your satisfaction? —Jeff Olson
Check out Matthew 5:6
to read another comment
Jesus made about
How does Jesus satisfy
us completely? What will
you do with the parts of
your life that leave you
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more