Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (v.5).
In May of 1965, The Rolling Stones recorded the song
I Can’t Get No Satisfaction. Shortly after its release,
the tune rose to the No. 1 song in the United States.
How right they were. No matter how much we try and
try and try, satisfaction seems to slip through our fingers.
But is it true that satisfaction is impossible to find in this
life? Or could it be that we tend to look for it in all the
wrong places? Maybe the true source of satisfaction is
right under our noses, but we don’t see it because we’re
trying so hard to obtain it on our own.
Consider these words from the Old Testament prophet
Isaiah as he declared the words of the coming Messiah:
“Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no
money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all
free! Why spend your money on food that does not give
you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to Me, and you will eat what is good. You will
enjoy the finest food” (Isaiah 55:1-2). Souls delighting in
the “finest of food,” hmm—sounds pretty fulfilling to me.
Jesus would later illustrate this reality another way
when He spoke these words to a woman who had a
history of turning to men to find satisfaction: “Anyone
who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again.
But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty
again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them,
giving them eternal life” (John 4:13-14).
Jesus didn’t say we can’t find satisfaction in our relationships, work, or
hobbies. But He did say that without finding it first in Him, it won’t be complete.
So, where are you trying to find your satisfaction? —Jeff Olson
Check out Matthew 5:6
to read another comment
Jesus made about
How does Jesus satisfy
us completely? What will
you do with the parts of
your life that leave you
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more