In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (v.5).
In May of 1965, The Rolling Stones recorded the song
I Can’t Get No Satisfaction. Shortly after its release,
the tune rose to the No. 1 song in the United States.
How right they were. No matter how much we try and
try and try, satisfaction seems to slip through our fingers.
But is it true that satisfaction is impossible to find in this
life? Or could it be that we tend to look for it in all the
wrong places? Maybe the true source of satisfaction is
right under our noses, but we don’t see it because we’re
trying so hard to obtain it on our own.
Consider these words from the Old Testament prophet
Isaiah as he declared the words of the coming Messiah:
“Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no
money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all
free! Why spend your money on food that does not give
you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to Me, and you will eat what is good. You will
enjoy the finest food” (Isaiah 55:1-2). Souls delighting in
the “finest of food,” hmm—sounds pretty fulfilling to me.
Jesus would later illustrate this reality another way
when He spoke these words to a woman who had a
history of turning to men to find satisfaction: “Anyone
who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again.
But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty
again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them,
giving them eternal life” (John 4:13-14).
Jesus didn’t say we can’t find satisfaction in our relationships, work, or
hobbies. But He did say that without finding it first in Him, it won’t be complete.
So, where are you trying to find your satisfaction? —Jeff Olson
Check out Matthew 5:6
to read another comment
Jesus made about
How does Jesus satisfy
us completely? What will
you do with the parts of
your life that leave you
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more