FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Never Too Late
Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign
Lord, remember me again. O God, please
strengthen me just one more time” (v.28).
In the popular TV series LOST, a character named
Sayid Jarrah was an airplane crash survivor and
castaway on a mysterious tropical island. As a
former military interrogator, he was haunted by those he
tortured and spent much of his adult life trying to atone
for his past mistakes.
At the start of LOST’s final season, Sayid died from a
gunshot wound. He was resuscitated, however, by an
evil character (the unnamed man in black) and recruited
to the dark side. But just when viewers were convinced
that he had given himself completely over to evil, he
sacrificed his life to save his fellow crash survivors.
That shocking twist (something LOST fans were
accustomed to seeing) takes me back to the Old
Testament character Samson. Remember him? The longhaired
Nazirite, endowed by God’s Spirit with superhuman
strength to deliver Israel from the hands of the
Philistines? (Judges 13:5). Unfortunately, Samson became
full of himself and fell prey to manipulation by the woman
he loved (16:4). Eventually, Delilah coaxed him into
divulging the secret of his strength, which she then used
to betray him into the hands of his enemies (vv.5-21).
Samson’s foolish pride left him blind, weak, and in
shackles. Publicly disgraced and chained between
two massive pillars supporting the roof of a crowded
Philistine temple, Samson humbled himself and asked
God for one last feat of super-human strength. God granted Samson’s request.
And with one mighty push, Samson brought down the temple, destroying more
enemies in his death than he did while he was alive (Judges 16:23-30).
Samson’s life shows it’s never too late to come back to God and do something
great for Him. Even after we make huge mistakes, our lives can still be redeemed
for His purposes. —Jeff Olson
Read John 21:15-17 and
notice how Jesus shows
Peter, who denied Him
three times, that He was
not done with him.
In what ways do you
need to come back to
God? What makes it
possible for you to return
Delilah - Tim Hawkins
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more