The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
A Lot by a Lot
The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
The first 4 years my adopted Ugandan son was with me, I experienced no fears about the future or my ability to support him. Recently, however, as I’ve struggled to pay bills and survive on a small ministry salary that provides us with no buffer, I’ve entered into a worrisome state. My fleshly desires have tilted toward greater financial security rather than the need to trust God’s provision on a seemingly day-to-day basis.
Living in East Africa, I’m surrounded by people suffering from extreme poverty. I know that I’m materially far better off than 98 percent of the people around me. Yet during the past 3 weeks I’ve had a hard time clinging to the truths of Psalm 84:10-12:
• The Lord “is our sun and our shield” (Psalm 84:11).
• “He gives us grace and glory” (Psalm 84:11).
• “The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
• Joy is found as we trust in Him (Psalm 84:12).
Yesterday, I stopped at an ATM in Kampala, Uganda. When I emerged with cash in my hand, my 9-year-old son Wasswa said, “Mommy, God’s blessed us with money.” Somewhat skeptically, I said, “Yes, God’s providing for us bit by bit.” Wasswa sweetly replied, “Mommy, God provides for us a lot by a lot!”
God has chosen to bless me with a son who by his own example of faith challenges me to humble myself, to trust that God will lift me up in honor, and to give all my worries and care to Him (1 Peter 5:6-8).
If you sometimes struggle to rest in the truth that God will provide for all your needs, please join me in praying that He will strengthen our faith and increasingly help us to maintain our trust in Him.
Read Jeremiah 31:35 and consider how God provides for you on a daily basis.
List five unexpected ways God has provided for you in the past 2 months. Why do we often worry about the future even though we know God holds it in His hands?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more