Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
A Lot by a Lot
The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
The first 4 years my adopted Ugandan son was with me, I experienced no fears about the future or my ability to support him. Recently, however, as I’ve struggled to pay bills and survive on a small ministry salary that provides us with no buffer, I’ve entered into a worrisome state. My fleshly desires have tilted toward greater financial security rather than the need to trust God’s provision on a seemingly day-to-day basis.
Living in East Africa, I’m surrounded by people suffering from extreme poverty. I know that I’m materially far better off than 98 percent of the people around me. Yet during the past 3 weeks I’ve had a hard time clinging to the truths of Psalm 84:10-12:
• The Lord “is our sun and our shield” (Psalm 84:11).
• “He gives us grace and glory” (Psalm 84:11).
• “The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
• Joy is found as we trust in Him (Psalm 84:12).
Yesterday, I stopped at an ATM in Kampala, Uganda. When I emerged with cash in my hand, my 9-year-old son Wasswa said, “Mommy, God’s blessed us with money.” Somewhat skeptically, I said, “Yes, God’s providing for us bit by bit.” Wasswa sweetly replied, “Mommy, God provides for us a lot by a lot!”
God has chosen to bless me with a son who by his own example of faith challenges me to humble myself, to trust that God will lift me up in honor, and to give all my worries and care to Him (1 Peter 5:6-8).
If you sometimes struggle to rest in the truth that God will provide for all your needs, please join me in praying that He will strengthen our faith and increasingly help us to maintain our trust in Him.
Read Jeremiah 31:35 and consider how God provides for you on a daily basis.
List five unexpected ways God has provided for you in the past 2 months. Why do we often worry about the future even though we know God holds it in His hands?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more