Run with It!Jesus is the author of life.
Top Christian Music Videos
A Lot by a Lot
The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
The first 4 years my adopted Ugandan son was with me, I experienced no fears about the future or my ability to support him. Recently, however, as I’ve struggled to pay bills and survive on a small ministry salary that provides us with no buffer, I’ve entered into a worrisome state. My fleshly desires have tilted toward greater financial security rather than the need to trust God’s provision on a seemingly day-to-day basis.
Living in East Africa, I’m surrounded by people suffering from extreme poverty. I know that I’m materially far better off than 98 percent of the people around me. Yet during the past 3 weeks I’ve had a hard time clinging to the truths of Psalm 84:10-12:
• The Lord “is our sun and our shield” (Psalm 84:11).
• “He gives us grace and glory” (Psalm 84:11).
• “The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right (Psalm 84:11).
• Joy is found as we trust in Him (Psalm 84:12).
Yesterday, I stopped at an ATM in Kampala, Uganda. When I emerged with cash in my hand, my 9-year-old son Wasswa said, “Mommy, God’s blessed us with money.” Somewhat skeptically, I said, “Yes, God’s providing for us bit by bit.” Wasswa sweetly replied, “Mommy, God provides for us a lot by a lot!”
God has chosen to bless me with a son who by his own example of faith challenges me to humble myself, to trust that God will lift me up in honor, and to give all my worries and care to Him (1 Peter 5:6-8).
If you sometimes struggle to rest in the truth that God will provide for all your needs, please join me in praying that He will strengthen our faith and increasingly help us to maintain our trust in Him.
Read Jeremiah 31:35 and consider how God provides for you on a daily basis.
List five unexpected ways God has provided for you in the past 2 months. Why do we often worry about the future even though we know God holds it in His hands?
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more