LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
A 10-year-old human trafficking victim is freed from a brothel in Southeast Asia where she had been abused and sexually exploited. Another child, age 9, is released from indentured slavery in India. Meanwhile, across the ocean in East Africa, a 13-year-old orphaned boy is ushered into a residential home for youth after 5 years of struggling to survive alone on the streets.
While removing these children from their respective residences of horror required valiant efforts on the part of their rescuers, one might argue that the greatest work on behalf of the boys and girls has just begun. For, as both biblical and modern-day cases reveal, it's in the aftermath of oppression that some of the most complex obstacles to healing and restoration come to light.
Among the hindrances to a victim's restitution is the ongoing threat of enemies. The Amalekites ruthlessly attacked the Israelites when they were "exhausted and weary" after fleeing slavery in Egypt (Deuteronomy 25:17-18). Today, equally relentless perpetrators seek to recapture children who are weak and vulnerable following their extraction from an abusive situation. Guilt, stigma, and chronic poverty are additional barriers to a child's lasting deliverance.
What can you do to bring forth positive change on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of girls and boys who are trafficked each year? â€¢ Pray that child traffickers will be arrested and brought to justice. â€¢ Pray that rescued children will receive the ongoing love, care and protection they need. â€¢ Support organizations that are providing holistic aftercare for boys and girls. They're used by God to provide true deliverance (Isaiah 63:9). , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more