Sacrificial LoveWhat does it mean for you to carry your cross?
Top Christian Music Videos
Is It Worth It
Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so
much pleasure now? (v.8).
Lou Gehrig may not have died from Lou Gehrig’s
disease. The Hall of Fame pro baseball player is
the namesake for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS), a debilitating neurological disease that slowly
paralyzes its victims and ultimately leads to death. New
research reveals that Gehrig may not have had ALS, but
exhibited similar symptoms due to blows to his head.
Gehrig was the legendary Iron-Man who played in
2,130 consecutive baseball games. He started one game
the day after he was hit by a pitch, with a bump on his
head so large that he wore George “Babe” Ruth’s larger
cap. We praise Gehrig for his resolve to play through
pain, but his commitment to baseball may have led to the
disease that killed him. Gehrig was really good at what
he did, but what he did may have ruined his life.
Is it worth it? (Ecclesiastes 4:8). This question nags
at the young lawyer eating takeout as she proofreads
documents deep into the night. Her job drains the joy
from her life but she owes too much to the bank to do
Is it worth it? This question haunts the dreams of the
traveling businessman. He’s making more money than
he can responsibly spend, but he’s gone more than he’s
If you have drive and talent, most likely you’re good
at what you do. But don’t let the good get in the way
of what’s best. You owe it to God, yourself, and those who love you to ask the
big question: ”Who am I working for?” (v.8).
Is your career, business, or obsession with blogging or writing a novel
keeping you from the people you love most? You may be really good at what
you do, but what you do may be ruining your life. Is it worth it? —Mike Wittmer
is it worth it?
Read Psalms 90:1 to discover how to become wise about life and making daily decisions.
List the most important people in your life. Do your choices typically help
or hurt your relationships? What can you do right now—and long-term—to
show them that they greatly matter to you? How can you show God that He matters most?
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more