The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Is It Worth It
Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so
much pleasure now? (v.8).
Lou Gehrig may not have died from Lou Gehrig’s
disease. The Hall of Fame pro baseball player is
the namesake for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS), a debilitating neurological disease that slowly
paralyzes its victims and ultimately leads to death. New
research reveals that Gehrig may not have had ALS, but
exhibited similar symptoms due to blows to his head.
Gehrig was the legendary Iron-Man who played in
2,130 consecutive baseball games. He started one game
the day after he was hit by a pitch, with a bump on his
head so large that he wore George “Babe” Ruth’s larger
cap. We praise Gehrig for his resolve to play through
pain, but his commitment to baseball may have led to the
disease that killed him. Gehrig was really good at what
he did, but what he did may have ruined his life.
Is it worth it? (Ecclesiastes 4:8). This question nags
at the young lawyer eating takeout as she proofreads
documents deep into the night. Her job drains the joy
from her life but she owes too much to the bank to do
Is it worth it? This question haunts the dreams of the
traveling businessman. He’s making more money than
he can responsibly spend, but he’s gone more than he’s
If you have drive and talent, most likely you’re good
at what you do. But don’t let the good get in the way
of what’s best. You owe it to God, yourself, and those who love you to ask the
big question: ”Who am I working for?” (v.8).
Is your career, business, or obsession with blogging or writing a novel
keeping you from the people you love most? You may be really good at what
you do, but what you do may be ruining your life. Is it worth it? —Mike Wittmer
is it worth it?
Read Psalms 90:1 to discover how to become wise about life and making daily decisions.
List the most important people in your life. Do your choices typically help
or hurt your relationships? What can you do right now—and long-term—to
show them that they greatly matter to you? How can you show God that He matters most?
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more