DistractionWhat’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
Is It Worth It
Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so
much pleasure now? (v.8).
Lou Gehrig may not have died from Lou Gehrig’s
disease. The Hall of Fame pro baseball player is
the namesake for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS), a debilitating neurological disease that slowly
paralyzes its victims and ultimately leads to death. New
research reveals that Gehrig may not have had ALS, but
exhibited similar symptoms due to blows to his head.
Gehrig was the legendary Iron-Man who played in
2,130 consecutive baseball games. He started one game
the day after he was hit by a pitch, with a bump on his
head so large that he wore George “Babe” Ruth’s larger
cap. We praise Gehrig for his resolve to play through
pain, but his commitment to baseball may have led to the
disease that killed him. Gehrig was really good at what
he did, but what he did may have ruined his life.
Is it worth it? (Ecclesiastes 4:8). This question nags
at the young lawyer eating takeout as she proofreads
documents deep into the night. Her job drains the joy
from her life but she owes too much to the bank to do
Is it worth it? This question haunts the dreams of the
traveling businessman. He’s making more money than
he can responsibly spend, but he’s gone more than he’s
If you have drive and talent, most likely you’re good
at what you do. But don’t let the good get in the way
of what’s best. You owe it to God, yourself, and those who love you to ask the
big question: ”Who am I working for?” (v.8).
Is your career, business, or obsession with blogging or writing a novel
keeping you from the people you love most? You may be really good at what
you do, but what you do may be ruining your life. Is it worth it? —Mike Wittmer
is it worth it?
Read Psalms 90:1 to discover how to become wise about life and making daily decisions.
List the most important people in your life. Do your choices typically help
or hurt your relationships? What can you do right now—and long-term—to
show them that they greatly matter to you? How can you show God that He matters most?
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more
- Income vs. Investment - How will you be “rich in good works” today?...read more
- Famous in God’s Eyes - Who needs you to humbly, lovingly serve them today?...read more
- Shared Responsibility - Have you ever apologized for the actions of someone else?...read more
- How Much God Loves You - What prevents you from accepting God’s love?...read more