Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
Is It Worth It
Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so
much pleasure now? (v.8).
Lou Gehrig may not have died from Lou Gehrig’s
disease. The Hall of Fame pro baseball player is
the namesake for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS), a debilitating neurological disease that slowly
paralyzes its victims and ultimately leads to death. New
research reveals that Gehrig may not have had ALS, but
exhibited similar symptoms due to blows to his head.
Gehrig was the legendary Iron-Man who played in
2,130 consecutive baseball games. He started one game
the day after he was hit by a pitch, with a bump on his
head so large that he wore George “Babe” Ruth’s larger
cap. We praise Gehrig for his resolve to play through
pain, but his commitment to baseball may have led to the
disease that killed him. Gehrig was really good at what
he did, but what he did may have ruined his life.
Is it worth it? (Ecclesiastes 4:8). This question nags
at the young lawyer eating takeout as she proofreads
documents deep into the night. Her job drains the joy
from her life but she owes too much to the bank to do
Is it worth it? This question haunts the dreams of the
traveling businessman. He’s making more money than
he can responsibly spend, but he’s gone more than he’s
If you have drive and talent, most likely you’re good
at what you do. But don’t let the good get in the way
of what’s best. You owe it to God, yourself, and those who love you to ask the
big question: ”Who am I working for?” (v.8).
Is your career, business, or obsession with blogging or writing a novel
keeping you from the people you love most? You may be really good at what
you do, but what you do may be ruining your life. Is it worth it? —Mike Wittmer
is it worth it?
Read Psalms 90:1 to discover how to become wise about life and making daily decisions.
List the most important people in your life. Do your choices typically help
or hurt your relationships? What can you do right now—and long-term—to
show them that they greatly matter to you? How can you show God that He matters most?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more