Next StepsHave you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?
Top Christian Music Videos
You have forgotten the Lord, your Creator, the One who stretched out
the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth (v.13).
In a recent debate, Christian mathematician John Lennox
argued for the reality of God with atheist scientist
Richard Dawkins. In his writing and speaking, Dawkins
will often talk about the “Flying Spaghetti Monster” as an
analogy for belief in God. His point is that since God’s
existence cannot be proven, it’s as ridiculous to believe in
Him as in a levitating pasta creature.
Isaiah lived during a time when God’s people were
facing a monstrous enemy. Due to their rebellion and
disobedience, God allowed them to be invaded by the
Babylonians—brutal enemies who cruelly carted them
off to captivity. God said, “You have forgotten the Lord,
your Creator, the One who stretched out the sky like a
canopy and laid the foundations of the earth” (51:13). He
declared that He alone was worthy of their worship and
devotion because He is over all things.
God is the One who “stirs up the sea, causing its
waves to roar” (v.15). Every aspect of the natural world
reflects His perfect design and providence. “The work
of [His] fingers” (Psalm 8:3) is plain to see. Isaiah could
boldly declare God’s reality because He knew Him
and recognized His reflection in all created things. He
also knew that God had given him the words to speak
and that he was safe in His hand (v.16).
John Lennox shows that same confidence. When Dawkins
argued that if one stumbles upon a garden in a forest,
he should simply appreciate it without having to believe in “invisible fairies hiding
behind the flowers,” Lennox stated, “Of course you wouldn’t have to believe in
fairies in the garden, but you would assume there was a Gardener, wouldn’t you?”
As Paul said, “Through everything God made, [we] can clearly see His
invisible qualities” (Romans 1:20). His reality shreds spaghetti monsters and
dispels invisible fairies.
Read Romans 1:21 to see why some people deny God’s reality.
What gives you confidence in God and His reality? How will you
more boldly present your faith this week?
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more