In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
You have forgotten the Lord, your Creator, the One who stretched out
the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth (v.13).
In a recent debate, Christian mathematician John Lennox
argued for the reality of God with atheist scientist
Richard Dawkins. In his writing and speaking, Dawkins
will often talk about the “Flying Spaghetti Monster” as an
analogy for belief in God. His point is that since God’s
existence cannot be proven, it’s as ridiculous to believe in
Him as in a levitating pasta creature.
Isaiah lived during a time when God’s people were
facing a monstrous enemy. Due to their rebellion and
disobedience, God allowed them to be invaded by the
Babylonians—brutal enemies who cruelly carted them
off to captivity. God said, “You have forgotten the Lord,
your Creator, the One who stretched out the sky like a
canopy and laid the foundations of the earth” (51:13). He
declared that He alone was worthy of their worship and
devotion because He is over all things.
God is the One who “stirs up the sea, causing its
waves to roar” (v.15). Every aspect of the natural world
reflects His perfect design and providence. “The work
of [His] fingers” (Psalm 8:3) is plain to see. Isaiah could
boldly declare God’s reality because He knew Him
and recognized His reflection in all created things. He
also knew that God had given him the words to speak
and that he was safe in His hand (v.16).
John Lennox shows that same confidence. When Dawkins
argued that if one stumbles upon a garden in a forest,
he should simply appreciate it without having to believe in “invisible fairies hiding
behind the flowers,” Lennox stated, “Of course you wouldn’t have to believe in
fairies in the garden, but you would assume there was a Gardener, wouldn’t you?”
As Paul said, “Through everything God made, [we] can clearly see His
invisible qualities” (Romans 1:20). His reality shreds spaghetti monsters and
dispels invisible fairies.
Read Romans 1:21 to see why some people deny God’s reality.
What gives you confidence in God and His reality? How will you
more boldly present your faith this week?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more