Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Small Stuff
Every man and woman who was eager to help in the work the Lord
had given them through Moses—brought their gifts and gave them
freely to the Lord (v.29).
How has your ministry been able to thrive in these
tough economic times?” someone asked the
leader of a nonprofit organization. “It’s because
of the small gifts,” he said without hesitation. “The big
gifts dry up when things get tough. But we have a lot
of people who make small donations, and they give
faithfully out of what they have.”
Big, splashy things impress the world. The wealthy
lend their names and mountains of cash to buildings and
endowments, and we are the beneficiaries. Generosity
by the rich is nice, regardless of their motivation. But
God isn’t impressed by wealth.
Shortly after the people’s dramatic escape from
Egypt, God gave Moses instructions for constructing the
tabernacle. Moses said, “Let those with generous hearts
present the following gifts to the Lord,” and he listed the
needs (Exodus 35:5). He also said, “Come, all of you
who are gifted craftsmen” (v.10). And the people came.
Everyone who had a willing heart could play a role. In
fact, they were so generous that Moses finally had to
say, “Men and women, don’t prepare any more gifts for
the sanctuary. We have enough!” (36:6).
When we look at all the problems and needs facing
us, despair may seem like a tempting option. But God
uses small things and anonymous people to dissolve
impossible predicaments. Our desperation is our cue
to lean fully on Him.
“Little is much when God is in it,” wrote songwriter Kittie Louise Suffield.
When we prayerfully and generously do what we can to address the needs
God places in our path, He will take care of the rest.
Don’t despise the small gifts. They can lead to great things by God’s gracious
According to the prophecy of Haggai, why were the people of Judah not thriving?
Do you tend to overlook the little things? What small thing can you do
today to build something in Jesus’ name?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more