Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
They all depend on You to give them food as they need it. When You
supply it, they gather it. You open Your hand to feed them, and they
are richly satisfied (vv.27-28).
My family spent the past week nervously watching
the progress of a storm that was predicted
to hit our area about the time we planned to
leave on vacation. The storm arrived 2 days before we
were scheduled to leave, grounding flights and pushing
travelers onto already overbooked planes on future
days. On the morning of our scheduled departure, the
airline called and offered us five round-trip tickets to
anywhere if we would allow them to bump us to the next
day. We quickly took them up on their offer, consoling
our disappointed children with the promise, “Now we
can fly to the Bahamas next year!”
As I reflected on our good fortune, it struck me that
the very storm we feared had turned out to be God’s
blessing in our lives. Some might chalk up our “jackpot”
to fate (as even Solomon observed in his skeptical
mood)—that life “is all decided by chance, by being
in the right place at the right time” (Ecclesiastes 9:11).
And I understand that it’s easier for me to write this than
if our family had waited out the storm on the tarmac,
with nothing to show for our delay. The same storm that
blessed my life was bad news for others.
True enough. But no matter what, we are the recipients of
God’s gracious care. Paul declared that “everything comes
from Him” who “makes everything work out according to
His plan” (Romans 11:36; Ephesians 1:11). We may never
know why this or that misfortune happened to us, but we can trust that whatever
comes our way passes first through the hands of our loving Father. He never stops
providing for His children, and He uses even the storms of life for our good.
Whether your experiences today are good or bad, you can rest in the God
who planned your life “before a single day had passed” (Psalm 139:16).
Read Matthew 6:25 to learn what to do when your life isn’t going well.
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more