Sacrificial LoveWhat does it mean for you to carry your cross?
Top Christian Music Videos
They all depend on You to give them food as they need it. When You
supply it, they gather it. You open Your hand to feed them, and they
are richly satisfied (vv.27-28).
My family spent the past week nervously watching
the progress of a storm that was predicted
to hit our area about the time we planned to
leave on vacation. The storm arrived 2 days before we
were scheduled to leave, grounding flights and pushing
travelers onto already overbooked planes on future
days. On the morning of our scheduled departure, the
airline called and offered us five round-trip tickets to
anywhere if we would allow them to bump us to the next
day. We quickly took them up on their offer, consoling
our disappointed children with the promise, “Now we
can fly to the Bahamas next year!”
As I reflected on our good fortune, it struck me that
the very storm we feared had turned out to be God’s
blessing in our lives. Some might chalk up our “jackpot”
to fate (as even Solomon observed in his skeptical
mood)—that life “is all decided by chance, by being
in the right place at the right time” (Ecclesiastes 9:11).
And I understand that it’s easier for me to write this than
if our family had waited out the storm on the tarmac,
with nothing to show for our delay. The same storm that
blessed my life was bad news for others.
True enough. But no matter what, we are the recipients of
God’s gracious care. Paul declared that “everything comes
from Him” who “makes everything work out according to
His plan” (Romans 11:36; Ephesians 1:11). We may never
know why this or that misfortune happened to us, but we can trust that whatever
comes our way passes first through the hands of our loving Father. He never stops
providing for His children, and He uses even the storms of life for our good.
Whether your experiences today are good or bad, you can rest in the God
who planned your life “before a single day had passed” (Psalm 139:16).
Read Matthew 6:25 to learn what to do when your life isn’t going well.
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more