Awaken Your Hope Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples.
Top Christian Music Videos
Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you (v.16).
On a recent family trip to the mountains, we were driving late at night through thickly wooded areas. A small bright gleam to the left captured our attention, and my husband quickly slowed the car as two deer leaped across our path. We took that teachable moment to explain to our kids the power of peripheral vision—giving them insight to use one day when they’re behind the wheel.
Our spiritual journey can often resemble a drive through mountainous regions in the dark of night. Unable to see the future, we encounter unexpected challenges, sharp curves, and steep grades in the road of life. With that in mind, Paul was preparing his spiritual son Timothy for everyday decisions, as well as for ministry. He wanted him to know the importance of keeping his vision in the right places (1 Timothy 4:13) and to be watchful of peripheral dangers (2 Timothy 2:16).
While the enemy’s attacks often come in the aggressive posturing of a lion (1 Peter 1:8), he also specializes in catching us unaware (Matthew 7:15; 2 Corinthians 2:14). We can’t live in fear—to do so is to pull over on the road of life and refuse to move forward. But we can find the fulfillment that God’s Word promises when we travel in the direction of His leading, remaining aware of the spiritual realm in which we live (Ephesians 6:10).
Certainly, our lives can be drastically altered if we refuse to deal with an egregious area of sin. Just as dangerous, though, are the little areas of compromise (Song of Solomon 2:15). Scripture admonishes us: “So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. . . . Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do” (Ephesians 5:15).
Live prepared (1 Peter 1:13).
Read Deuteronomy 4:1 to see the relationship between remembrance and obedience and how they can keep us from falling prey to the enemy’s lies.
In what area has the enemy blindsided you in the past? How can you keep your spiritual vision focused and clear?
- Awaken Your Hope - Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples....read more
- Meaning Mirage - Where do you typically find meaning in life?...read more
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more