Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
How much did the ï¬rst servant owe the master? Ten thousand talents (v.24 NIV). One talent was the equivalent of 20 years' wages for an average worker. It would have taken 200,000 years for the servant to earn 10,000 talents. Although the servant promised to pay back everything (v.26), this was an impossible debt to repay. So "his master was ï¬lled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt" (v.27). How much did the fellow servant owe the ï¬rst servant? One hundred denarii (v.28 NIV). Equivalent to 20 weeks of common labor. This debt could be repaid within 5 months. The fellow servant begged for some time to pay back this debt, but the ï¬rst servant refused and had him put in prison instead (vv.29-30).
You are a free person. Jesus has set you free. But when you refuse to forgive, you become a prisoner again. A prisoner of your own unforgiveness. A prisoner of your own bitterness. A prisoner of sin again (vv.32-34). The worst kind of prison is the prison of an unforgiving heart.
In his book The Lord and His Prayer, N. T. Wright wrote: "Failure to forgive wasn't a matter of failing to live up to a new bit of moral teaching. It was cutting off the branch you were sitting on. The only reason for being kingdom-people, for being Jesus' people, was that the forgiveness of sins was happening; so if you didn't live forgiveness, you were denying the very basis of your own new existence."
If we are truly forgiven, we will be forgiving. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more