Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
I was talking with a friend who can't wait to be a parent. Fresh from his honeymoon, he and his wife are planning and praying for a baby. And they already have names picked out, one for a boy and one for a girl. Whoa! My friend's wife isn't even pregnant.
In 735 BC, the prophet Isaiah prophesied to the spiritually struggling nation of Judah: "The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call Him Immanuel (which means â€˜God is with us')" (v.14). Jesus was named some 730 years before He was born!
I once heard a Bible teacher say that all the truths of Christmas can be stated in just three words: "God with us." We tend to focus our attention at Christmastime on the human birth of Christ. But the greater focus should be on His deity, who He really is, "God with us."
Immanuel means that we're not isolated from a God who sits on some distant throne. Bette Midler's popular 1990 song "From a Distance," was off the mark in its refrain: God is not watching us "from a distance." God is with us. Immanuel means that God lived among us. He had human skin and wore human clothes.
When Joseph and Mary called their son by name, they must have been awestruck. Every time His parents said "Immanuel," it was a reminder that God was in the house, literally living under the same roof.
Are you alone? Feeling afraid? Have you felt that God is far off, somberly watching you from a distance?
If so, recognize that the message of Christmas is that you don't need to be alone anymore. For Jesus has come. Immanuel. God is with you. , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more