The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
Tough Times Ahead
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand (v.10).
You’ve sent out countless resumes. Yet employment still seems elusive. You’ve led a healthy lifestyle. Yet the cancer marker is abnormally high. You’ve tried to be a good parent. Yet your child is choosing not to follow God. The list goes on.
The only certainty in life is uncertainty. Even after you’ve done all you can possibly do, the future is still beyond your control.
In our fight against fear and anxiety in this uncertain world, it’s easy to turn to idols and to make gods for ourselves. That’s what Isaiah described in 41:5-7. The nations refused to acknowledge that Yahweh is the God of history (vv.2-4). So, in a bid to feel more secure, they rushed to make new idols and tried to strengthen them (which is rather ironic).
What might that look like today? Well, we could strengthen our idol by burying ourselves in the Internet, in amassing possessions, in developing our intellect, or in building up our bodies.
But God calls His people to respond differently to fear. We’re reminded that He chose, called, and will never reject us. Our God says: “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand” (v.10).
In our fear, let’s focus on two truths: “I am with you” and “I am your God.” I Am is the God who does not change. His truths and purpose do not change (Numbers 23:19; Ephesians 1:11). This unchanging God is with us. Don’t be afraid. Don’t be discouraged. He will strengthen and help you. He will hold you steady.
—Poh Fang Chia
How do you normally handle fears? How can you keep your focus on the two truths: “I am with you” and “I am your God”?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more