Top Christian Music Videos
It took more than a year for a leading Christian human
rights organization in Washington, DC, to confirm
that one of their own—their then vice-president of
constituent relations (fund-raising)—was leading a
double life. Though the man led prayer at daily staff
devotions, proudly quoted Scripture, and appeared
to live a squeaky-clean life, behind the scenes he was
running an organized crime ring.
So sly was the con artist that he even managed to submit
three sets of fake fingerprints for background checks
before investigators discovered that he had a lengthy
criminal record including grand larceny. This man was
hardly the first to hide guilty behavior behind the cloak of
Christianity. Throughout history, many men and women
have purposefully misled others to attain their own selfish
gains. Proverbs 6:12 describes such people as “constant
liars” whose “perverted hearts plot evil.”
Personally, I’m jolted and often thrown off my “game”
each time I learn that someone with a visible Christian
platform has been living a starkly different life on the
side. The apostle Paul, however, states that dubious
behavior by some should not come as a big shock.
“These people are false apostles,” exclaimed Paul. “They
are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles
of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises
himself as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:13).
Regardless of the inappropriate behavior of some, Paul insisted that he would
continue doing what he had always done. “This will undercut those who are
looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours” (v.12).
Join me in aiming to be like Paul who, despite what was happening around
him, was committed to living out sincere faith in Jesus (1 Thessalonians 2:2).
What would happen if you lived out 1 Peter 1:1 and purged your life
of “all evil behavior” and stopped “all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and
all unkind speech”?
How should you respond when a Christian brother or sister is caught in
deceitful living? What will prevent you from living a double life?
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more