Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
Every Breath You Take
I had never given much thought to the value of a single breath until I encountered 2-week-old Nicole in an orphanage in East Africa. The tiny infant, who fit in the palm of my hand, was born prematurely, abandoned by her mother in the hospital delivery room, afflicted with meningitis, and plagued with painful bedsores that reached to her frail hipbones.
Though Nicole was too young to speak, each laboring breath she took screamed of her desire to live. Why does she fight to survive? I wondered. For in her short time on earth she had already experienced the type of agony and separation that had prompted an older and assumingly wiser Job to desire the end of life.
“Is not all human life a struggle?” Job lamented (Job 7:1Job 7:1. “How frail is humanity!” he exclaimed. “How short is life, how full of trouble!” (Job 14:1). I’ll “never again feel happiness,” he believed (Job 7:7). “My spirit is crushed, and my life is nearly snuffed out. The grave is ready to receive me” (Job 17:1).
Job didn’t share the unwavering confidence of the psalmist, who penned, “You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but You will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth” (Psalm 71:20). And yet the Lord restored Job’s life. He healed Job and replenished his joy. As He did for the psalmist, God snatched Job “from the power of the grave” (Psalm 49:15).
God extended Baby Nicole’s days too, healing her meningitis and restoring her body. Nicole is now a happy 5-year-old who loves to run, play, laugh, and talk about her Father who gave her life.
Though the Lord allows us to suffer hardships, He also restores us and lifts us “up from the depths of the earth” (Psalm 71:20).
Read Psalm 71:7. How has God used you or someone you know to reveal Himself to others?
Spend time in prayer, thanking God for giving you life and for each breath He has graciously granted you. How have hardships helped shape your faith in Him?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more