Another OptionWhat wisdom from Scripture can help you in a dilemma?
Top Christian Music Videos
How many times have you, as I have, delved into sin—addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness, and more—in an attempt to mask the pain of life? It’s so easy to respond to emptiness, disappointment, or hurt by turning away from God’s commands.
We find, however, that sin never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we crave. Instead, as we take things into our own hands and disobey God, we find only heartache and perhaps even deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on a human relationship or some material comfort. But it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we can experience peace that “exceeds anything we can understand” (Philippians 4:6-7) and contentment that defies circumstances (1 Timothy 6:6).
In Psalm 119, the psalmist—who experienced harassment, hunger, loneliness, suffering, and enemy attacks—testifies that true encouragement is found in God’s Word. There’s so much to be gleaned from “the wonderful truths in [God’s] instructions” (v.18). Follow the psalmist’s lead by asking God to...
- Help you understand the meaning of His commandments (v.130).
- Create within you a desire for His Word (v.131).
- Keep you from being overcome by evil (v.133). • Allow you to experience His unfailing love (v.135).
- Provide you with right directions for life because He is righteous (v.137).
- Equip you with wisdom that’s trustworthy (v.138).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. Only there will you find the peace and lasting fulfillment that only He can give. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:81 and consider how you can “hope” in God and His Word today.
Compare your trials with those faced by the writer of Psalm 119 What truths from God’s Word can help you face the challenges of today?
- Another Option - What wisdom from Scripture can help you in a dilemma?...read more
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more