Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
All of us are capable of being zealous, regardless of our personality type. Even the most phlegmatic person can be passionate about something.
Some people are into soccer, for others it's food. So the issue isn't whether or not one can be zealous, but where a person's devotion lies.
In Romans 12, the apostle Paul provides some instruction that includes being zealous in serving the Lord. John Piper paraphrased it this way: "Do lots of work for Christ, passionately." The words "never be lazy, but work hard . . . enthusiastically" (v.11) emphasize being earnest and devoted in getting things done. What does that look like? Consider the following questions: Are we efficient, or do we procrastinate?
Do we work hard to get things done, or do we give up halfway? Romans 12:11 also contains this idea: Do lots of work for the Lord passionately, not being grouchy. A person passionate about serving the Lord doesn't consider the number of hours he has clocked in for the Lord. He's willing to do more, and he does it without complaint or protest. The reason is simple. Serving Jesus is the highest privilege in the universe for human beings.
In a Billy Graham biography written by John Pollock, there was a conversation recorded between Billy Graham and President Lyndon B. Johnson. President Johnson asked Billy, with whom he had been a friend for years, what position he would like to have in his administration. Billy Graham replied: "Sir, I believe that Jesus Christ has called me to preach His gospel. To me this is the highest calling any man could have on earth." In view of God's mercy, let's strive to be zealous Christians, passionately serving Jesus. , Poh Fang Chia
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more