Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
Something strange happened last fall in the village of Milano, Italy. Residents turned on their home water taps and white wine flowed out! No, this was not a modern-day miracle, merely a mix-up.
A local worker accidentally connected a line flowing with the fermented grape juice to a water main, instead of to a public fountain in the town square. You see, each year Milano celebrates a festival that includes having vino gush forth from the fountain, allowing the cheerful citizens to fill their glasses. This year, they simply turned on the tap to taste a local vineyard's finest.
It's interesting that Jesus did turn water into wine at another joyous celebration, a wedding (John 2:1). He brought a blessing to the master of the wedding banquet, the bridegroom, and, ultimately, all of the wedding party and guests (v.9).
Jesus' miracle brought unexpected joy to the people, even as it revealed His glory for the "first time" (v.11). His instant wine recipe had the necessary ingredients for filling the disciples with "first" faith. For after He performed this supernatural act, the "disciples believed in Him" (v.11). John wrote later that all of Jesus' miraculous signs,including turning water into wine, were done so that we would "believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in Him you will have life by the power of His name" (20:31).
For 2,000 years, Jesus has been filling people with faith, eternal life, and joy, not converting water into wine, but sinners into believers (Ephesians 1:18-19). Unlike the bitter water of the legalist or sour drink of the doubter, Jesus' "new wine" flows into hearts and makes them bubble over. By faith, you can "trust Him; and . . . rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy" (1 Peter 1:8). Celebrate the miracle of your changed heart by drinking deep of His joy today. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more